Fileplanet only source of open beta keys?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I can't seem to find any source of open beta keys aside from Fileplanet, and then only for Fileplanet subscribers. I refuse to pay money to play a beta; I think the games industry has lost its mind and forgotten the definition of "beta."

I just downloaded a 9GB file, extracted it, copied it to my external hard drive, then installed it to my notebook using said external hard drive. If I spent all this time installing a client for a beta that's falsely advertised as "open," I will be (understandably) very upset.

If anyone has a spare closed or open beta key they would be willing to send me, I would be grateful. Otherwise, I may just have to write a nasty letter to NCSoft and IGN/Fileplanet (not like I needed another reason to dislike Fileplanet and its parent company).

Fileplanet is now giving out a limited number of free keys. Enjoy
Here's the link to sign up for a free open beta key.

REMINDER: The beta ends Sunday, Sept. 13 and the client download is over 9GB (gigabytes). Plan accordingly.

Hey, can anyone tell if it's worth downloading this today to see if it works on my computer?

my computer bites, and it runs everything on high except.. hmm.. except one bar is slightly below max (scanned default) and that's in windowed mode. rubberbanding is rare and i've had very few other issues.

u can always turn stuff down to let it run on older machines, but you'll be missing out on a lot imho. =\

Back