First Ever LoE Emblem Contest!

Stc95

Tribe of Judah Guild Wars Chapter Leader
Resurrecting the tradition from GW1, LoE will be hosting it's first ever, bi-annual, Guild Emblem Contest!! For those that don't know about emblems:

wiki said:
After adding the "Guild Item Template" upgrade in the Politics category, a guild member with the relevant permissions can speak to the Guild Registrar to create an emblem that will appear on guild banners, armor, and weapons. Each emblem consists of a two-color foreground symbol that is overlaid onto a single-color background symbol.

Guild Armorers will sell you armor that displays your guild emblem once you have the Guild Armor Contract upgrade.
Guild Weaponsmiths will sell you weapons that display your guild emblem once you have the Guild Weapons Contract upgrade.
The gallery of guild emblems shows the possible designs.

So here's how it'll work, go to a Guild Registrar, should be one in every major town, design a design. Take a screen shot and post it on here. The officer's will narrow down the field and then an open vote will determine our emblem for the next 6 months! Time table and prizes to be announce soon! Have fun!!

Note: Open to all LoE members, officers are welcome to supply an entry, one entry per person

Last edited:
Obviously there is something I am missing on doing a guild emblem, we need a tutorial along with this post to make sure we get this right. I am having problems with color this is what I have so far.

Attachments

• GuildEmblem1.jpg
    GuildEmblem1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 45
Templar Cross

Only officers can view the emblem editor. Standard members cannot open it so can't be part of this contest unless they start their own guilds.

Attached is the one I have for my "other" guilds (two placeholder guilds). More in your face so to speak.
Red templar cross, to match the blunt guild names and tags.

(75% jpeg quality, so its not the clearest but you should get the idea)
INRI.jpg

I do like the lions posted previously though as LoE are the Lions of Judah.

Cheers,
James

Ahh, good knowledge! Then I guess you WON'T go to a guild registrar, but rather you'll go here! Just note that it is apparently incomplete for the time being and the background color is not actually in-game, so please leave either white, or black, or a neutral color so as to keep simple simple. It should serve our purposes for now and if for some reason we run into a problem, we'll let our future selves deal with it :)

Let's get entries in by Friday the 28th, hopefully us officers can narrow down the field by Monday the 1st, and then vote until Monday the 8th :)

Prizes include mini pets!

It's simple but I think it'll look good on armor, weapons, and on our claimed towers etc in WvW.

Attachments

• flame GW2 logo.jpg
    flame GW2 logo.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 14
guildemblem.jpg

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Queen Kel

Well, here's something i came up with using STC's link. I'm an officer but it seems that I also have no access to the guild emblems ingame. I can't get the colors right either. I wanted a sky blue background and gold splash.

Attachments

• guildemblem.jpg
    guildemblem.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 8
Since our Guild is named "Legacy of Elijah" I'm assuming that's a biblical reference. Shouldn't our emblem have something to do with Elijah like 'fire from heaven' or something? Just a thought...

EDIT: This post is not directed at anyone. I'm simply making a comment as people think of designs and put together different artistic representations. Guess it would be more accurate to say that in my humble opinion, the emblem should have something to do with Elijah.

Last edited:
I agree, Taran - but we will be changing it every six months...if we follow the pattern from GW Spirit of Elijah.

And you don't even want to know what Stc will do if there are not enough submissions.

I agree, Taran - but we will be changing it every six months...if we follow the pattern from GW Spirit of Elijah.

And you don't even want to know what Stc will do if there are not enough submissions.

And I am not afraid to do it either!

I was thinking the same thing as Taran, so I made something similar to Elhanan's, but with a different color and background. Also, the ingame emblem editor has MUCH more options than any editor you can find on the web...just saying.LoE Emblem.jpg

I was thinking the same thing as Taran, so I made something similar to Elhanan's, but with a different color and background. Also, the ingame emblem editor has MUCH more options than any editor you can find on the web...just saying.View attachment 1799

That is true. Unfortunately that website was only updated from BWE3 and is not going to update once they are sure that Anet is not going to do it themselves. For now that's what we have to work with, hopefully by June we'll have something better to play with. If it becomes too much of a problem/downer we can postpone the contest until a better solution arrives.

We could open a window of permission to the guild emblem editor for people with just member status.

Like Sat.-Sun. members can edit the emblem and after that permission in turned off. That should be enough time for people to do some designing.

Plus if people do save it would be cool to see what pink piggy gag emblems are left to encourage more people to participate. lol

Back