Focus Macro

Angus_Og

This macro is written for shackles but can be modified for anything you need to have focus on.

#showtooltip
/clearfocus [modifier:alt]
/focus [target=focus,noexists]; [target=focus,dead]
/clearfocus [target=focus,help]
/cast [target=focus,exists,harm] Shackle Undead(Rank 3); Shackle Undead(Rank 3)

what exactly does that macro do? Does it somehow automatically reshackle your target? or give a timer? or is it just making sure that your shackle goes on the right thing?

On that note..if you use this macro, does it allow you to target something other than your shackle to deal dmg to or to send your shadowfiend on?

I think it the macro will re-target your focus and cast shackle. You have to define your focus target ahead of time, but that's not too bad - that function is in the default UI.

Sorry I did not specify this earlier, it was during a lull in Kara.
As I understand it here is what this macro does.
#showtooltip - Shows the tooltip when hovered over
/clearfocus [modifier:alt] - not certain
/focus [target=focus,noexists]; [target=focus,dead] - sets focus on your target if you did not have one previously or the previous one is dead.
/clearfocus [target=focus,help] - not certain
/cast [target=focus,exists,harm] Shackle Undead(Rank 3); Shackle Undead(Rank 3) - if focus exists casts shackle undead rank 3 on focus

This will never change your target when you cast it. The way I use this is this: I choose an undead, cast this macro, switch to a tanked target and dps it (or heal someone), and when my shackle timer gets close or it breaks early I re-cast the macro while never re-targeting.

I will attempt to find out what those items do that i did not know.

Here is another one I am going to try, it is a little more straight forward.
#show Shackle Undead
/stopcasting - stops your current cast
/clearfocus [target=focus,dead] [target=focus,noexists] - clears your focus if it is dead or non-existant
/focus [target=focus,noexists] - focus on your target if there is no focus
/stopmacro [target=focus,noharm] - not certain, will learn more
/cast [target=focus] Shackle Undead - casts shackle undead

Last edited:
There is also another very simple solution. But it allows you to still keep the target you had prior to shackle. No prior focus setting is needed, but you need to put in the name correctly.

/target (target name)
/cast Shackle Undead(Rank 3)
/targetlasttarget

that is a simple macro, but there are to many possibilities for it to go wrong. with one of the other ones you are ensured of always being able to shackle the one you want.

Back