Food Revolution

nattyg

I'm not sure how many people have watched this show, but it's truly frightening what's going on in the public school system with regards to nutrition. I just sort of shook my head one night when they called a potato a veg. Seriously. So instead of being able to serve a great stir fry full of veg and quality meat, students were served some fried chicken sandwich mess with french fries since the fries counted as the mandated serving of veg.

If you haven't watched the show, I'd encourage you to...it's really an eye opener.

(and sign this!)

http://www.jamieoliver.com/campaigns/jamies-food-revolution/petition?usa=1

Been watching it on HULU, fun show. A lot of West Virginians (at least from my year and a half there) were like the people Jamie faces, rather stubborn to change. The Chicken Nugget ingredients was gross. xD

I watched an episode of that.

It's encouraging to see someone (Jamie Oliver) who genuinely care about kids they've never met before to try and put himself out there to change the way they eat at school.

The episode I watched it looked like he was almost in tears at the thought of those kids not knowing how to use a knife or fork.

I've also watched it, and definitely agree the guy cares. I really hope he's able to make some real impact...not just in the places he specifically visits, but in America.

I am completely shocked and saddened that in this country, people don't even know how to feed themselves. I mean, really...how many of us know off the top of our heads what the amount of calories we burn on a daily basis? Do we know how many calories we eat? What portion sizes roughly equate to this?

Our obesity rates are skyrocketing; how can adults not know these things?

Back