FOURTH ANNUAL COMMUNITY PRAYER DAY

LITSAFALDA

Prayer Angel, Moderator
ANNOUNCING OUR FOURTH ANNUAL ALL DAY COMMUNITY PRAYER DAY

Please pray over this and sign up for a slot that you can fill. Many praying hands and hearts make the time go fastest and with more people there are less time slots to cover.

To prevent some confusion here are the specific times and other information upfront. The Date and Time of this activity will be SATURDAY Nov 24th until SUNDAY Nov 25th for the entire day beginning at 12 AM EASTERN STANDARD TIME on Saturday and ending at 12 AM EST on Sunday. Again all times are Eastern Standard Time. (If we have enough commitment we can always expand the time to cover more of the weekend.)

We are looking for a promise to pray during a specific time not a specific place such as forums, team speak. Etc. I would encourage all of you to take an hour slot so that maybe we can be uplifted knowing someone else is praying exactly at that time.

Last year our turnout was not what it has been in the past. We did not even have the 24 hour period covered. Please help make this a Holy event and to Glorify Our Lord instead of just something trivial.

Also we would rather have the commitment of 15,30, or 45 minutes definitely then a not sure hour. You are welcome to pray any place you wish. For me getting away from the distractions of computer etc is better for me. Again I am asking for the promise of a covered time not a covered place.

When we begin I would like to ask that everyone try to take a minute at 12 am of both days (Beginning and End ... Alpha and Omega) to ask a blessing for and a thanks for this event. I really feel we need to pull together more strongly and support and uplift each other in Prayer and Praise.

At the end of this event if you feel so led you are more than welcome to share your experiences with all of us or keep things private between yourself and God.

From the beginning we have been using the following format:

Praising God for His unending mercy and love

Asking for His help and guidance

Praying for others.....whoever came to my mind this was HUGE

Praying for yourself

Thanking God for His Blessings

You can do several things. The following is an outline of what my church suggested on how to pray and what to pray.

Pray hymns as you enter Gods presence...Scripture 1 Thes 5:16-18

Pray hymns of confession & forgiveness

Pray hymns of supplication & petition

Pray scripture..... Psalms 23,24,,25,26,27,65,66,67,95,100, 119 verses 1-8, 106-112, & 169-176, and also chapter 121

Pray for your nations and the world
Presidents, leaders, etc

Pray for those people in military service

Pray for your churches & the Christian Church as a whole
Pastors, ministers, boards, education...etc

Pray for people will are ill, recovering from sickness, or heart break... etc

Pray for family and friends
shut-ins , missionaries, teachers, neighbors, travelers, friends yourself ....etc

Don't forget to pray for the unchurched.

Pray hymns of thanksgiving

The Lord's Prayer

Now I know that there is no way to touch on each of these areas in less than 60 minutes. I know there are many other things that may be forgotten. Also sometimes prayer is just letting God speak to your heart and soul.

Again we are asking for volunteers and support. Ask any of us who have participated in the past, we have been truly BLESSED.

If 15 minutes is all you have then please let me know so I can get everyone signed up as there will be times needing to be covered.

If you want to be assigned a time that is not covered that works also but I need to know so we can see what we can accomplish.

With God all things are possible and I know this is something we can do because it is to HIS GLORY.

Please respond here if you would like to participate and commit to a certain time. Any questions and or commitments please IM me through yahoo, PM me here in forums, or email me.

PLEASE DO NOT SPAM THIS THREAD. It is only for participation. The moderators WILL delete any non relevant reply.

Sir Thom has graciously offered to keep updating the first reply with the schedule and who has already signed up so we know what times are left.
Blessings and Hugs, "Angel"

SCHEDULE FOR PRAYER DAY
as maintained by SirThom
---------------------------
Hours Filled: 6
Hours Remaining: 18
ALL TIMES EASTERN

12a-1a :: SirThom
1a-3a :: Cloud G
3a-5a :: Atown
5a-2p :: OPEN
2p-3p :: Jesus Loves You Lots
3p-12m :: OPEN

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan on participating in this year's annual community prayer day. I'll post again once I check my and my wife's schedule and figure out what time(s) would be best.

Just wanted to let you all know I hadn't forgotten. :D

heh...I meant for my weekend cause there's a lot of family stuff going on and finding quiet time may be a little difficult

I know I'm late to signing up, but please put me down for 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Eastern (2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Central).

Thanks! :)

And for those who haven't signed up yet: There's still 10 hours left in the day to claim for prayer.

Back