Free 7 days offer received March 31, expired March 22?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
So I received an e-mail from Blizzard saying I could claim 7 free days of WoW game time. The same e-mail said the offer expires March 22...but I received the e-mail on March 31.

I only recently uninstalled WoW and didn't back up the client to an external drive beforehand since I didn't anticipate returning any time soon. (Helping take care of a newborn means less gaming time and possibly needing to drop out of a game at a moment's notice, neither of which are conducive to playing a MMORPG.) I don't want to download 17GB again unless the offer is legit, but I don't want to start the 7 days until I have the client re-installed.

Does anyone know if this a fluke? Has anyone heard of former WoW players receiving an offer to play for 7 days free 9 days after the offer's expiration date?

What I would do if I were you is to log into the Battle.net site. Don't click any links in the email. Just go there from your browser. There should be something listed on your account if it's legit.

Yah there's tons of emails out there from people pretending to be Blizzard, just make sure that if you ever click a link that you don't put in your account info to log in unless you are 100% sure its battle.net or the wow main site. And, I have never heard of Blizzard randomly offering free game time before...

I call shenanigans tbh. Check out the link and dont pay attention to the pretty pictures and how they are good at copy/paste'ing blizz's website. Just look at the actual web address and see if it's actually their website (checking for https helps too to know that it's a secure website).

The e-mail is legit; I checked the source code and copy/pasted the link in my browser.

I just don't want to waste my time and bandwidth for an expired offer OR activate it then spend one of my seven days waiting on a download to finish.

On a related Gerbil side note I find it amusing about the only spam I get, daily XD , says my WoW account has been hacked or some such nonsense. That's when I don't have nor have ever had a WoW account.

I also get ones that say my Blizzard account has been hacked you know the one I have with no games in it :p .

Well, contrary to popular opinion, logic, and even Blizzard tech support, the free 7 days offer is legit. I just activated it and am downloading the TEN GIGABYTE client now.

Going to play the Hoard (see what I did there?) demo while I wait.

Well, my free 7 day pass has expired. :(

I leveled my Warlock to 20, bought a Mechanostrider, leveled a new Ulfbrikt to 12, and tamed Mangeclaw. I discovered the existence of tameable monkeys in Deadmines too late to level to 14 and tame one. :( But that's first on my list of priorities if/when I ever play WoW again.

It was fun! Thanks again, everyone. :)

Doh! I missed Tek in WoW. There should be an achievement for that.

Doh! I missed Tek in WoW. There should be an achievement for that.
If there were to ever be a WoW achievement named in my honor, I would want it to do something with some crazy stunt (like traveling to Theramore as a level 13 Dwarf Rogue) or taming a rare elite pet. :D

I know Blizz does sometimes offer a free trail to inactive players to come back and try the game, especially when Cata came out. I think Mordos and Gala got some free time a little while back.

I changed email addresses for my account, and they still send fake emails to the address I used to use. :D Its easy to tell the fakes now lol. But I still go directly to the WoW site, do not click on email links for WoW, do not pass go, ect...

I've never received a legit account investigation email from Blizz, nor had my account closed cause I failed to submit my info to them which they already have to begin with lol.

I wonder if I could finagle a free 3-day pass from Blizzard. I could easily level to 14 and snag a pet monkey from Deadmines in 3 days.

those monkeys are pretty nice! =D
Inorite?

When I first saw a monkey in-game, I thought it was a companion pet and I immediately planned to purchase one. Once I learned they were tamable, I suddenly had a new top priority objective.

So sad I didn't get to run Deadmines. :( And I don't see myself re-subbing to WoW for a month since my schedule is so unpredictable (caring for an infant is a demanding job) and since I can watch sales and buy a new PS3 game (say, Eternal Sonata) for a dollar more than 30 days of WoW.

But if I ever get another free 7-day pass, I know exactly what I'll be doing first.

Back