Free Realms...

Hmm now it approved a name I tried the first time around..I was actually liking Wyatt Faithfulheart but I guess now I am named Indy.

great...I know I had some issues at first as well... I am Awnoix Wolf...I usually play 4-8 hours a week...very casually...but I have been having trouble adding people to my friends list...

yeah, i kinda had hope since it seemed semi-web based that i could run it on my mac, but no.... :( rebooting FTL.

The funny thing is, after wasting 10+ minutes in registration it gives you a puny error message that doesn't stand out against the background and half of it is overflown behind their TOS box. And to top it off it doesn't even register you.

The number one reason I never even bother with Mac is that MOST of the applications I use do not work on it...hehe...

The number one reason I never even bother with Mac is that MOST of the applications I use do not work on it...hehe...

Quantity < Quality

Having a native unix system that comes with PHP and Python and all the other nifty tools you are used to like bash, gcc, ssh, scp, rsync, nano, etc is a godsend.

Lets see...I have worked for Apple, hate them as a company... Also, why do Mac for unix when you could use Linux? I dual boot Ubuntu and Vista...IMO much better than OSX with boot camp...

Last edited:
Lets see...I have worked for Apple, hate them as a company... Also, why do Mac for unix when you could use Linux? I dual boot Ubuntu and Vista...IMO much better than OSX with boot camp...

Anyone who works customer support will hate the world, the company and the annoying people who call them.

As for OSX? I bought a macbook ~2.7 years ago. Aside from a few minor scratches the thing still looks practically brand new despite being used daily for several hours at a time. Once you get used to OSX it becomes pretty awesome for multitasking, linux has similar offerings but virtually every window manager is still based off of how windows handles things (which is plain horrible). Once you add in things like having to go through wpa supplicant or connecting to a wireless network via a login you will rethink things quickly.

I love linux, but I use it mainly for the desktop or server, where you don't need to worry about wireless, getting it to suspend properly on lid close, adjusting the backlight, etc.

I agree that Mac laptops are impressive...but for me my laptop is the last on my priority list, so I go super cheap...I put most of my time and effort into my desktop, which at it's current specs would cost close to 3 times as much if I went Mac Pro...but perform the same... Also, Apple tries hard to make it as hard as possible for you to customize/upgrade any product of theirs, which is the last thing I want from my computer...

Back