Free Worship MP3s?

tjguitarz

Hey guys,

So I was sorting through some of my worship songs on iTunes, and I realized that I DON'T LIKE ANY OF THEM. I'm a poor college student who has to recycle toilet paper, so can anyone point me in the direction of free worship MP3s? No, not illegal ones.

Thanks,

Tyler

http://streamripper.sourceforge.net/

Head here.
You'll need to get winamp and this plug in. Then use winamp, or google to find online Christian radio stations.(Any that will play in Wimamp will work) Using this plugin, you'll be able to 'capture' the songs as they run through your PC. The plug in will automatically cut and name the files for you. Due to the nature of the process, it happens in real time....so leave it going over night with your speakers off and boom.....hours and hours of free songs. As for the legal ramifications....it's kinda like putting a blank tape in to record a song off the radio, or a movie on TV. The file is already being copied to your hard drive. This just prevents it from automatically being deleted.

http://streamripper.sourceforge.net/

Head here.
You'll need to get winamp and this plug in. Then use winamp, or google to find online Christian radio stations.(Any that will play in Wimamp will work) Using this plugin, you'll be able to 'capture' the songs as they run through your PC. The plug in will automatically cut and name the files for you. Due to the nature of the process, it happens in real time....so leave it going over night with your speakers off and boom.....hours and hours of free songs. As for the legal ramifications....it's kinda like putting a blank tape in to record a song off the radio, or a movie on TV. The file is already being copied to your hard drive. This just prevents it from automatically being deleted.
If you look around you will see that Internet radio and free music streaming is being looked down by the government and it really on the edge:(

Hey guys,

So I was sorting through some of my worship songs on iTunes, and I realized that I DON'T LIKE ANY OF THEM. I'm a poor college student who has to recycle toilet paper, so can anyone point me in the direction of free worship MP3s? No, not illegal ones.

Thanks,

Tyler

ruckus.com, you should be able to get free music when u register with ur .edu e-mail account. i was able to.

Cloud, u roxxor man! this is awesome! I have been trying to build my library of Christian Rock and this is amazing!!

Legal...dangit! I am a big Torrent downloader, even though Torrents aren't illegal to download the data that the Torrents are converted into are...so I guess you would call that illegal...

Hmm...I bought a month of Napster, downloaded like 80GBs of Christian Music, but they were DRM protected, so I bought Tunebyte for $20 and took the DRM off of them all...Napster also offers a 7 day free trial...so you could get anything you want for $20 completely legal...

Hmm...I bought a month of Napster, downloaded like 80GBs of Christian Music, but they were DRM protected, so I bought Tunebyte for $20 and took the DRM off of them all
I'm not positive but I think that has to be illegal.

Removing DRM from MP3s that you own is not, I looked it up to make sure...and Napster isn't illegal either, it is a pay for service now...

Tunebyte RErecords the MP3s which removes the DRM...

The problem with rerecording is that you lose sound quality. That is why I think the end of the world will probably have something to do with DRM.

Removing DRM from MP3s that you own is not, I looked it up to make sure...and Napster isn't illegal either, it is a pay for service now...
That's the thing... if you use the pay-for Napster service, you don't own the MP3s. They're essentially licensed to you, and you're allowed to play them on your computer and supported devices. When you get rid of Napster, the songs to back, too (that is, they won't work).

I'm all for fair use, but we all need to make certain what we're doing ourselves and what we're advising fellow Christians to do is not against the law.

Just had to throw that disclaimer in there. :)

Back