Friday August 26: GvG

We will be having our first fully organized GvG on Friday, August 26th. We'll start around 10pm EST.

If you are interested in being a part of this, please post here with your preferred profession and we'll work a team build from there.

I'd prefer to come as an Air E/Me Echo Spiker, but I can also come as a knockdown warrior.

Rock on, brother!

I'll be bringing Lana. I've got 13 Expertise, 12 Wilderness Survival and 12 Marks. I can go interruption/condition, damage augment or traps/spirits. Or really any combination. I'll also bring Rebirth, just in case. However I am needed and can help the most is how I will setup.

(FYI, I may not be available until 10:15 PM EST or so, though.)

I'm in!
Syd is a Mo/Me currently and set up for healing with hex removal/energy drain from the Mesmer side.

1) Heal Other
2) Healing Touch
3) Orison of Healing
4) Dwayna's Kiss
5) Heal Party
6) Energy Drain
7) Inspire Hex
8) Hex Breaker

I'm flexible as well if someone has a better idea for my setup.

I left out condition removal. I was wondering if another monk might be bringing Marytr (All Conditions on party members are transferred to you.) That sounds extremly good for GvG.

I left out a res skill. My focus will be keeping everyone alive. I cannot divert the energy/time to res someone while 2 others might die in the process. Res should come from a non monk in GvG, from what I read in the forums

Last edited:
I am interested in trying out GvG as well.

Loew is currently set up as a Blood/Domination magic with remaining points in Soul Reaping. I can change around a little as necessary. I would like to complete the remaining att point quest before then. We can discuss skills before we start.

I would like to point out that we can use PvP only characters for GvG, so a lower level player could build a Lvl20 clone of their character or try out one of the templates.

Also, ANet has announced that this coming weekend is a PvP Extreme weekend. Extra Faction points for playing in the high level arenas, tournaments or GvG.

We should try to use Teamspeak as well (even if just listening in) to allow for quicker communication/cooridnation.

Last edited:
I recently merged my guild with another one so that we could do some GvG. My guild mates are good guys and I know most of them so it would probably be pretty easy for me to arrange some matches with you guys if you would like to have some friendly scrimmages sometime. We're new at this too so it will be fun. Oh and by the way, if we do play against each other, I suggest you get a private guild members only section or somewhere to discuss strategy because if you don't, I'll be on here reading it. :D

It's not like we're good enough to have anything to hide yet!

:D

Actually, do you want to arrange a scrimmage for sometime soon? Maybe Thursday night?

Last edited:
i might be able to make it im not sure, my ele is level 14. mainly fire attacks and some necro skills

im doing...... uhhh... dangit havent played for 2 days >_< its the one after the gates of kryta i think

I'd be up for it Friday night. I can play as either lvl 20 healing monk or lvl 20 blood/curse necro.
Skill sets as follows:

Monk - Healing(16) - Divine Favor(12) - Protect(6)
1. Orison of Healing
2. Word of Healing
3. Blessed Signet
4. Healing Breeze
5. Heal Party
6. Mend Ailment
7. Rebirth
8. Resurrect

Nec - Blood(15) - Soul Reaping(9) - Curses(12)
1. Bane Signet
2. Faintheartedness
3. Vampiric Gaze
4. Barbed Signet
5. Well of Blood - if I take Well of Power, I'd take something different
6. Well of Power or Life Transfer
7. Healing Breeze
8. Resurrect

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
Actually, do you want to arrange a scrimmage for sometime soon? Maybe Thursday night?

Well, it'll be a while before I can set one up because the new guild mates I have need to register on my forum so that we can organise stuff like this. I'll let you guys know when we are ready to have a match. It may be a while though. :(

Quantum, we'll probably want you as a monk, since Necros are mainly debuffers in PvP and we already have one. That would be:

Two Ele (one echo) Spikers
One Ranger Trapper
Two Healing Monks
One Warrior

Two more spots left, and two days left to fill em... I'd like a Mesmer to be one, and maybe another spiker or another warrior.

sorry i have to bail on ya, fishing trip my dad decided to sign me up for without asking, so yeah. sorry

I will plan to be on. I can either use Loew or rebuild a primary mesmer (per WildBill's note). Don't have a ton unlocked on the other professions, but I could probably put something together.

I logged onto TS with the new server (See this thread for detail ) for the first time last night. I will log on early on Friday to talk about character and team build for GvG.

Last edited:
Sure of course I'll join y'alls. I am e/me OR e/mo can be spiker or smiter, spiker would be preferable, w/ most experience. It would be an echo spiker BTW. I am excited and can't wait!

My wife and I are going visiting tonight. I will be home in the neighborhood of 9pm. Quite possibly I will be late for GvG or PvP tonight. I will send you all a heads up on guild chat when I get on.

Halonic

Back