Friday January 31, 2020

BlockHeadLewie

Greetings!
As we ended last week we just added Temperance to our Knowledge, and we're supposed to add Patience to our Temperance.
Everyone can be patient, right? Sitting on a bus waiting to get to or from school, driving your car or truck somewhere, having to sit and wait at red lights. Patience is part of us, naturally. However we ourselves do in fact "forget ourselves" all the time by second guessing ourselves, or faltering between a right or wrong choice, or even after we said something we didn't really mean, that sense of regret we said it. Where was our patience then?
The Holy Spirit, which IS from God sent by the promise of Jesus, has proof of His existence in the form of "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. (Gal 5:22-23 (NLT)
While I could point out patience as one of "the fruits" my focus is on the last part: "...and self control". Remember Temperance is self control and we're already focusing on better use of this right? Then The Holy Spirit HAS to be involved as well! Now remember that God Is Spirit, as John 4:24 (NKJV) tells us: "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth." Jesus told us He "does what He sees The Father do" as another way to define the connection between Himself, The Father and The Holy Spirit. The Spirit within Jesus obviously communicated with both Jesus and from whence The Holy Spirit came from, that is God The Father. All things are taken care of. Period!
So a chance to exorcize this in our own lives of walking with Jesus and following The Holy Spirit for God's Greater Glory always presents itself in our choices and our words and our creations and our writings and our, and our... I could go on and on. Point is, patience is never that far away from you since it's instilled within you via The Holy Spirit!

Back