Full Patch Notes

Exo-Slayer

Blizzard has released the full patch notes and the test realm should be up soon.

The new dungeon changes sound cool, but making most of the dungeons 5-10 man is going to make it a lot more difficult for some people. The Alterac Valley changes sound awesome, hopefully it will hinder people from sitting in the base rep farming.

The reputation gain in Warsong Gulch and Arathi Basin has been significantly increased.

Woot.

Joy, I guess I'm gonna have to grab as much gear as I can while you can still raid dungeons. Challenge can be a nice thing, but when you're facing the prospect of having to do bunches of runs just to get a couple of pieces, the idea of having to 5 or 10 man instances that were formerly 10 or 15 man, it doesn't sound like much fun at all.

Icthus said:
Wow that is alot of changes.
No kidding.

You no longer teleport to your flight destination when hit by snowballs.
Haha!
Trying to spoof item links will disconnect you.
Haha!
Area effect spells and abilities will no longer consider totems as valid targets.
Huh?
Curse of Agony - The damage over time component of this curse will now only trigger periodic triggerable procs.
Woot!
Creatures immune to fear are now also properly immune to the fear effect of Death Coil.
What?!
Death Coil - The horrify component no longer affects undead creatures (they've seen it all before.)
Noooooooooooooooo!
New flight paths have been added between:
* Ironforge and Light's Hope Chapel
Bout time.

Clearly i have mized emotions about this patch. :(

Edit!

Inner Fire - Redesigned. Now increases armor by a significant amount but has 20 charges. Each melee or ranged damage hit will remove a charge. Lasts 10 minutes, mana cost increased.
This still sounds useless...

Last edited:
shadetaker said:
Joy, I guess I'm gonna have to grab as much gear as I can while you can still raid dungeons. Challenge can be a nice thing, but when you're facing the prospect of having to do bunches of runs just to get a couple of pieces, the idea of having to 5 or 10 man instances that were formerly 10 or 15 man, it doesn't sound like much fun at all.

The thing with the 10/15 man instances being limited to 5/10 was that they were never meant to be 10/15 man runs. Scholomance, Stratholme and BRD are all 5 man instances that can be raided by upto 10. If you run them in a raid of 10, you don't get to complete the quests. So already, they are being done many times a day as 5 man runs to complete the current quests. People already run Diremaul over and over again, despite it always having a 5 man cap. The only bug in the ointment, so to speak is BRS. You could always do it in 15 but the lower part of the instance (LBRS) has always been 5 mannable, its the only way to complete quests there anyway, and UBRS was designed around 10, not the 15 that go. Basically blizzard is capping the instances to what they were designed for.

When WoW first came out, you could 40 man all instances (we even 17 manned Uldaman once as a guild event) and there was no limit to the character level that could enter an instance. So yeah, a level 1 alt in a 40 man UBRS run could happen.

Back