Game Help Needed

Counselor

It appears for now I cant get Warcraft to stop the disconnects. I have heard it is a Windows 7 64 bit problem, we have tried everything. Can all you good people please suggest an alterative game. I love the Warcraft graphics and style.

Yeah I would have no idea how to do that. You would think if it is an issue that Blizz would make a patch for it. More and more are going to start using Windows 7 and I for one will be hesitant about returning.

Start menu, type in command, when you see a program called command prompt appear in the list, right click and run as administrator
Then type in netsh
That should change the prompt to netsh> then type in
interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled
and hit enter, it should say ok.
You can then type interface tcp show global and to show that it worked (should say disabled beside autotuning.
If it doesn't work or if you don't like the change open command prompt the same way, go to netch again and type
interface tcp set global autotuningl=normal

that is all :)

i've gotten some very random disconnects, like once twice a night only, not sure if it has to do with this but trying it out to see.

I read somewhere it may affect your download speed as your changing how large your packets can be, I didn't do an before speed test (didn't think of it), but did one after and notice no speed loss.

687757843.png

Unfortunately, working with the OP, in my MMO travels I haven't seen anything that stands up to WoW. I'm sorry, and trust me, I've tried.

The closest thing I can suggest is either Lord of the Rings Online or EVE Online, but they are both drastically different than WoW.

For PVE content and more "story" out of an MMO, I would suggest Lord of the Rings. For PVP, Warhammer Online has come a long way and is offering a endless "Tier 1" trial which shows you what RVR combat is like. EVE Online does have a learning curve, but is extremely open-ended and offers plenty risk vs. reward gameplay. I never enjoyed WoW, but I certainly enjoyed these other MMOs. :)

Back