Gay Marriage

Gay Marriage - should it be allowed?

• Everyone should be allowed to marry, given that they are of legal age and want to

Votes: 18 100.0%
  • Marriage is MF, but gays should be able to have Civil Unions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marriage is man and woman period

• Big J missed my answer which is explained below

• Total voters
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Atown @ Jan. 09 2004,6:15)]its a tendancy for gays to be ugly and ugly people shouldt breed
Atown this is a trend in your posts that needs to stop, you don't have an arguement so you make fun of people, comments like these are horribly innappropriate(sp?) and need to stop ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Drelin @ Jan. 15 2004,11:11)]ToJ | Dead_Aim

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Guys not only do we need to not support Gay marriages or relations period we need to be fully against it with a passion. To accept it is to fail God.

So you don't think a same sex relationship is morally or biblically acceptable. But what are you saying? Do you think that such relationships should be against the law? Should same sex couples not be granted the same legal rights as hetrosexual couples?
Yes thats what Im saying.

srry thats just my opinion thats all. and think about it: if gay people ruled the earth, around 100 years everyone would die from aids. so if we want to continue this thing we call life on earth, then we need to keep in Gods orignal plan of action.

actually if gay people ruled the earth there would be no reproduction..unless bi's co-existed

thats my point even if bi's co-existed they would have a huge percentage rate for getting aids and if everyone had aids we would soon die out with no hardly any reproduction.

ATown, I've forgotten how old you are, for some reason I suspect you're about 14-16, so forgive me if I'm wrong. Sorry to do this, but I feel that 4top was bang on in calling you on your "gays are ugly" post, and I feel that you dismissed his point too flippantly, and that he didn't get enough support from the other thread members here. I'd been wondering whether to let it slide or not - since I'm hardly one to talk, having taken almost three decades to get to a "Don't ask, don't tell" stage myself, but continuing comments have made me sit up and take notice like this.

Firstly, you get no smartie points, intellectually, by generalising. Generalisations are a useful tool, but only if your stereotypes are based on accurate observation. Clearly some of yours aren't.

For example, when you say "Gays are ugly" I think I understand the particular stereotypical gay man you refer to. But you should know that such overtly "camp" gays are in the minority - most are just normal people who happen to have a different sexual orientation.

The VAST majority of AIDS sufferers are heterosexual,too... When *I* was your age, back in the late 80's, AIDS was known as the homosexual plague, and it got virtually no attention unless some celebrity died of it, thus proving they'd been gay all this time. I'm thinking Rock Hudson here, for those of you who remember.

Then it spread to the intravenous drug using community. Then to the sexually promiscuous. Then people started being BORN with it.

Bottom line, you need to get more facts at your fingertips before you start making sweeping and extreme statements. And simply shrugging those statements off as your opinion isn't good enough - if something is factually incorrect, it is factually incorrect.

This thread is one of the most dangerous I have read in a long time. The love of Jesus is certainly not getting shown by a lot of people (gays are ugly?!?). What is the problem with this place?

I will start by saying that I do not agree to gay marriage. Marriage is ordained as man and woman. However, I do not have any problem with gay civil unions though. Is being gay any more of a sin than pre-marital heterosexual sex? No, they are both considered as sins by God.

Would the world die out if it was run by gays? No, that is absolutely rediculous. Would Christians suddenly turn to the gay lifestyle just because their president/prime minister/king/whatever was gay? No. What about non-Christian heterosexuals? I don't think they would change sexuality just because their country's leader was gay. Would the whole world just abandon their monogamy because a homosexual was in power? No. Would men and women stop having babies if gays ruled the world? No. What if those commie gays (sarcasm in case you missed it) made it illegal? No, men and women will still have sex and sex is one of the chief causes of babies (or so I heard). Why would the human race come to an end if gays ruled?

I think we need to think about this from a Christian perspective. More specifically from a Jesus perspective. Jesus got close to all forms of sinners. He condemned their lifestyle when it needed condemning. However, He never got into petty name calling or pointless arguments. Homosexuality is a sin. But guess what, so is pre-marital sex. Should we throw everyone who has pre-marital sex into jail as well? Well, how about everyone who sins? If you lie you get sent to Alcatraz. That sounds like a good plan to me. Not.

Well guys lay off the kid he apologized and more than likely won't do it again. And if he does will slap him around a little more
cool.gif

gee thanks dead-aim :p . but honestly if the world was full of gays then the world would end

ahem its Atown no spaces
tounge.gif
. thinking hipothetically if the world was completely gay with some bi's having babys. i would say %80 or more would have hiv. hiv weakens your system making you suciptibal to more diseases. and at a pace such as one descriped above it would not be long till %99.9 had weakend immune systems, so say if SARS went around it would dissimate the world if not killing off the human race. stats listed above are if at once everyone turned gay.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ToJ | Dead_Aim @ Jan. 18 2004,3:00)]Well guys lay off the kid he apologized and more than likely won't do it again. And if he does will slap him around a little more
cool.gif
Dead Aim, I didn't mean to target Atown specifically. It was the attitude of several members that I was trying to highlight. I used the ugly remark as it was the most obvious.

Atown, my apologies if you thought it was a personal attack at you. It was not intended that way.

I still stand by my comments though.

again thankyou dead aim. and its ok skowsa. sometimes i kinda feel out of place here since i only 14 and some old habits kick in at times.

Back