Get more gold in GW!

Brydon

Legacy of Elijah Officer
I very recently found out that an Identification Kit can boost the sale price even on white items.

I'm sure that's old news to most of you, but it wasn't until I read it somewhere in the last six months that I realized that you should ID EVERY SINGLE THING before you sell it. Since then, I've been making tons more money and weeping at the lost opportunities I've missed.

Even though some things will only go up 2-5 gold, enough things will go up 30-50 gold to more than pay for the ID kit if you do it consistently.

If everybody knew that but me, go ahead and laugh at me. I just would hate others to find out as late as I did about this important GW habit. (Let me know if this is news to you... It will make me feel better.)

I usually make my gold by id'ing everything blue and up and then salvaging everything, whites included, that didn't id as high sale value and will yield more than just one wood plank, but I don't think I've ever tried id'ing white items so I'll give that a try, too. Thanks!

I ID white items from areas which are near the end of any given game. They usually will bring in 50+ gold for each item and will very quickly make up the cost of a new ID kit.

Peace.

Phaide Tu Blacke

Yea, like phaide I normally ID everything near the end game or in HM. Makes so much more money and definately worth the time.

It seems to me that once the white items are worth 30g to 35g on their own - the percentage increase in value by identifying it is worth the cost. Definitely so when they are 50+.

It seems to me that once the white items are worth 30g to 35g on their own - the percentage increase in value by identifying it is worth the cost. Definitely so when they are 50+.

Would it be safe to say that most stuff in EotN falls into this category?

I won't be in game again until tomorrow (Wed) night and I am curious to know if I should be IDing my EotN whites.

Melchiz Edek is L19 and has a complete set of 1K armor now, but is pretty poor. Anything I can do to boost income will be good.

If you want to boost income - ID white stuff. Last night I had a 45g white axe go to 113g - almost paid for an ID kit by itself. That was cleaning up after doing the bonus in normal mode in Nolani Academy - way back in Ascalon.

Generally the rule I follow is: if the drop comes from a lvl 20+ monster than IDing whatever drops is generally a good idea.

Interesting. I didn't know ID'ing a white item would boost the price. Otherwise I pretty much ID and salvage everything (except wood items).

Yeah - I was amazed at the increase in gold. Anything over 4g gain is a plus over the cost of identifying. I've been doing it for about six months now.

I ID everything in EOTN and almost anything in prophecies past Lion's Arch... It seems to be paying off. Since even a bad ID goes up by one or two, you're only staking 50-75 gold on it, and since it is common to have really big jumps in price, it just seems like good odds to me.

Does anyone know if IDing items make them more likely to salvage rare crafting materials? It kinda feels like it does, but I can't really be sure.

Does anyone know if IDing items make them more likely to salvage rare crafting materials? It kinda feels like it does, but I can't really be sure.
It's worth trying out... especially for rubies, sapphires and diamonds.

I'll try a little experiment - I'm going to be back in Kryta doing some normal mode bonuses this evening. I'll try to pick up some items that are close to duplicates - or as close as I can get - maybe some Tengu armor or weapons. Then I'll id one and salvage both and see if there is a noticeable difference. I'll do as many sets as I can pick up.

Back