GFC Chapter a Day Bible Challenge! (Book Of Proverbs)

Proverbs 23:16 said:
15. My son, if your heart is wise, then my heart will be glad;

16. my inmost being will rejoice when your lips speak what is right.

People around you will be happier when you do what God wants. :)

Proverbs 24:19 Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of the wicked, 20 for the evil man has no future hope, and the lamp of the wicked will be snuffed out.

I often get very worried over what someone else has done and how that makes me look or impacts me, especially when it is their failure. I really just need to give it to the Lord

Proverbs 24:6 said:
6. for waging war you need guidance, and for victory many advisers.
Never forget that we are in a Spiritual war every single day. The guidance we can get is all in the Bible. Victory comes from many advisers, seeking God and his advice will insure victory.

Proverbs 25:2 said:
2. It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings.

Sometimes it is best to leave well enough alone. You don't always have to know how or why something happened. This goes for all walks of life. Science, life, relationships etc.

Proverbs 26:13 said:
13.The sluggard says, "There is a lion in the road, a fierce lion roaming the streets!"

A sluggard, one who is so lazy he refuses to do anything... Will come up with any reason to NOT do something. Even to the point of lying or making up stories. How many times have you or I made up a story because we didn't want to do something?

Proverbs 25: 15 Patience can persuade a prince, and soft speech can break bones.

oh I need to remember that. especially now!

Proverbs 26:20 Fire goes out without wood, and quarrels disappear when gossip stops.

I need to apply this in my life. Don't add fuel to the fire.

Proverbs 27:18 As workers who tend a fig tree are allowed to eat the fruit, so workers who protect their employer’s interests will be rewarded.

Well surprise surprise. I have more than one verse... Again... I'll post 3 of my favorites. (There were more. Loved this whole chapter.)

Proverbs 27:5 said:
5. Better is open rebuke than hidden love.

Tell people how you feel, don't do it in a mean why, but sometimes telling someone they are in the wrong is the best way to show you love them.

Proverbs 27:6 said:
6. Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.
See above. If someone is truly your friend, the fact they told you something or hurt you in some way is not going to stick around with you forever. Friends forgive and forget. An Enemy is going to kiss and try to get you to not realize what they are doing. Then you get stabbed in the back and end up far worse off.

Proverbs 27:11 said:
11. Be wise, my son, and bring joy to my heart; then I can answer anyone who treats me with contempt.

By making sure your reputation is above reproach, your family and friends always know how to protect your back. :)

Proverbs 28:25 A greedy man stirs up dissension, but he who trusts in the LORD will prosper. 26 He who trusts in himself is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom is kept safe.

These verses keep jumping out at me. I guess I really need to put my trust in the Lord more. It is easy to do so with my head, but the heart is another story.

Proverbs 28:1 said:
1.The wicked man flees though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion.

Sin makes one nervous. It makes you jumpy and paranoid. Hmmm... By living a good life under God's grace, I can be as bold as a lion in all I do... :D I like that idea.

Proverbs 29:10 said:
10. Bloodthirsty men hate a man of integrity and seek to kill the upright.

This one hits very close to home for me right now. There is a lot of things going on at work for both myself and my dad where this verse could come into play... I can't say more than that.

Proverbs 29: 11 A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control.

I was reading through this when HCS mentioned the political add of two candidates running for VA governor. The candidate whose values match mine more closely has not attacked his opponent with vicious attacks. The other candidate has. It will be interesting to see who wins the race.

Proverbs 30:8 said:
8. Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread.

People are always striving for more than they have, "If only I win the lottery, if only I got that raise, if only I had more money. If only I had more things..." We have to learn to be content with what we have. Content, not necessarily happy.

Proverbs 30:12 those who are pure in their own eyes
and yet are not cleansed of their filth;

Wow....I could have posted the whole chapter. I like this verse especially because it reminds me that I need to look at my deeds through God's eyes, not my own. I will see my deeds as better than they are.

Back