Go Daddy account officially canceled

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
It's official. I just canceled our web hosting account with Go Daddy.

Phew.

EDIT: For those who missed it a few months ago, we moved from Go Daddy's shared hosting to dedicated server hosting with Abba Communications. It was about the same time that you may have noticed the forums stopped crashing and started loading more quickly. :D

Did you cancel because of their mascot, the GoDaddy Girl? :p

old thread i know. That was a very small part. the biggest thing was godaddy puts very strict resource usage limits on their accounts in terms of users allowed and machine resources available to us. once we got above 20 users the chances of lockouts went up. finally the forums started being taken offline for small stretches as the forums begin running into web server usage limitations. The decision was made to go to a dedicated server. This allows us to have the full resources of a single machine at our disposal. This has solved the resource contention issues and allowed us to offer a substantially larger teamspeak server as well as up the PM limits for everyone. This also allowed us to get the new integrated portal online as well.

Speaking of which....

ahem.....

We do need $$$$ to continue running our dedicated server. I am sure that many members will receive some nice holiday presents and probably could share some of those resources with CGA <hint, hint, hint>

Gen

Back