god and video games

Zero Hotz

some christians just think video games r bad! NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just because there r alot of bad video games that doesn't mean all r bad there r people I know that there mom's won't evern let them play video games which (I think) is a little extreme what is r yur guys opinion

it depends on the game. first person shooters are a given on violence. I think it's hard to find a good clean RPG without heavy occult ties. There are many good clean games out there though. Welcome to the forums BTW!

Here is my 2 cents
smile.gif

I have absolutly no conviction about violence, and see absolutlely no sin in animated, digital violence. I mean how many of you have ever read the old testament?

I think it helps to desenceitize us from war, so when we actually have to go to war we dont freakout at the first sight of blood. because we have already seen someone get there head blown off.

Something i do have a problem with is sexuality in modern day games. I can shoot someone in a game and still like them in real life
smile.gif
, but if I see a girl in a bikini and a gun, I cannot say my thoughts are pure and that I do not have lustfull thoughts.

So with that said, my convictions are against nudity(or close to it) in games, and could care less about how violent a game is.

I have issues with games that have ties to the occult... but, as it has been mentioned many times on this forum, if any game gets in between you and God, and disrupts that vital relationship, then it's probably not a good thing to play.

I agree with mpty and RLXC. There is nothing wrong with violence. The only problems are sexuality and the occult. Other then that play all the games you want.

I think that it is all about balance...

I do write off games with occult ties or games with sexuality right off the start.

As for games that do not fall in that category... I sometimes require a break from them as well.  For a while there, I noticed I was getting a short temper while playing CS... time to take a break and get a grip.

I always need to evaluate ALL that I do to ensure that it all remains in balance. Be that:
- Watching Hockey
- Playing Sports
- Working on Cars
- well... you get the idea.

James 4:7  Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Chuck Smith Commentary: We don't have to succumb to the lure of worldly things when Satan holds them before us. God will protect us if we ask for His help

i am the same as piet i will write games of for sexuallity and ties to occultism. yet most rpgs do and nearly always have some kind of backround religion any way u look at it.

Back