Going in-active on SC2

Corpfox

Honestly, after beating it in about 3 days, I don't like it... :(

I'm a addicted fan to Starcraft and it sucks the sequel hasn't appealed to me.

So for that, I'm sticking with Starcraft/Brood War.

And for your information, I will NOT buy the other expansions of SC2.

Enjoy your gaming with Starcraft 2.

Honestly, after beating it in about 3 days, I don't like it... :(

I'm a addicted fan to Starcraft and it sucks the sequel hasn't appealed to me.

So for that, I'm sticking with Starcraft/Brood War.

And for your information, I will NOT buy the other expansions of SC2.

Enjoy your gaming with Starcraft 2.

It took me 4 days to beat the game, but that was on brutal. If you havn't beaten it on brutal it dosen't count! :D Althought I will agree the single player was painfully short. I think this was due to the ammount of work put into the cut scenes.

I still think Broodwars is the better game for many reasons, but I don't think I could seriously get back into bw becasue I do have a goal to get into the top 200 in sc ii and i think i'm pretty close. Re learning the hot keys would drive me mad too. Press O for seige mOde not S! >.< I think there won't be a better RTS than BW. Please feel free to post BW content and vids for us on this thread. I am still facinated with watching pro bw players.

Not even the multiplayer? You can select more than eight units!

Thought first SC was only eight? >_>

Either way, you can select a lot more now.

Remember that it's likely only a matter of time until we see custom single-player campaigns.

I remember playing the Antioch Chronicles, a terrific custom single-player campaign for Brood War. With StarCraft touting the flexibility of the SC2 map editor, I would guess there's someone somewhere already working on a custom single-player campaign.

I built a co-op multiplayer campaign mission for Brood War. I don't plan on building maps for SC2, but I imagine someone at some point will build a multiplayer co-op campaign.

It's cool. I have a friend who still plays Ultima. I don't give him any gruff..... very often....

SC\BW has had over a decade of refinement, polish and user made maps and compaigns. After a few months, the original SC was no where near where SC2 is now. I don't think you are giving it a fair shake.

SC\BW has had over a decade of refinement, polish and user made maps and compaigns. After a few months, the original SC was no where near where SC2 is now. I don't think you are giving it a fair shake.

...Well that and you just said only a third of the game sucks. What about the other two-thirds? Not gonna give them a chance?

I also don't think people bought SC2 for the campaigns.

On a related note I am seeing much less people in vent for SC2 and less people on my realID friends list for SC2... Hmmm...

Last edited:
...Well that and you just said only a third of the game sucks. What about the other two-thirds? Not gonna give them a chance?

I also don't think people bought SC2 for the campaigns.

On a related note I am seeing much less people in vent for SC2 and less people on my realID friends list for SC2... Hmmm...

Sadly, i don't think this has anything to do with sc ii sucking or not. I noticed most ToJ people constantly drift from game to game to game every time something new comes out. Really it seems like very few ToJ members stick hardcore to one or two game titles. I can promise you i'll always be here until the next instalment of starcraft comes out. Same with Unreal Tournament. I don't plan on ever leaving sc or ut series for something else because i don't see anything better than those two games.

As for me not playing SC2, it was released in the summer, but college started soon after... and I'm not CRAZY about the series whatsoever (gogo DoW2), but it's a fun distraction when others are playing.

/busy

Sadly, i don't think this has anything to do with sc ii sucking or not. I noticed most ToJ people constantly drift from game to game to game every time something new comes out.
I don't know if it's so much "drifting" as "approaching equilibrium."

When a new and highly anticipated game is released, gamers tend to temporarily spend most of their gaming time on that one game. As time goes on, they start picking back up other games they played.

My situation is unique in that I regularly play 4 different games (UT3, TF2, L4D2, and SC2) on set days. When SC2 first came out, I squeezed in a few more SC2 matches (and campaign missions) here and there as time allowed. Now that the game's been out a few months, I still play on Straturdays (when others show up on TeamSpeak, that is), but usually not at other times.

I also recently received a Playstation 3 and two games as a gift, so I've been spending more time in the living room again.

I also have a rather lengthy backlog of games on multiple systems to get through.

And whatever game my wife wants to play with me, of course, trumps all other games. :)

In short: Yes, SC2 is an awesome game, but (in my estimation) most gamers are dividing their gaming time (which is limited to begin with) between multiple excellent games. That's why game night/day events are so helpful to many of us.

Really it seems like very few ToJ members stick hardcore to one or two game titles. I can promise you i'll always be here until the next instalment of starcraft comes out. Same with Unreal Tournament. I don't plan on ever leaving sc or ut series for something else because i don't see anything better than those two games.
I've been playing TF2 regularly for a few years now. I'll play L4D2 with ToJ members on Wednesday nights as long as my schedule allows and there's at least enough interest to regularly fill a campaign lobby. I plan on playing SC2 for years to come as well. I'll probably still drop by Unreal Mondays as long as activity holds, but if I have to curb my gaming time in a given week, UT3 will likely be the first game I'll give up. (Nothing personal; I just like TF2, L4D2, and SC2 better.)

Of course, my gaming schedule is nice and organized right now. I wonder if that will hold once my and Ember's little one arrives next February.

Your wife actually wants to play video games with you? That is a blessing xD

Understandable why you are so busy. I still appretiate it when you stop by on ut iii, even if you always do vote warefare >.< :D

I suspect WoW 4.0 (today) and Cataclysm (soonish) will suck some people's time away.

Personally I play one game... SC2, but I don't have enough time in the day. I need to figure out a way to not work and still get paid.... hrrrmmmmm

You guys are ridiculous! Just play protoss or zerg and sue blizzard for "emotional" damages due to reaper abuse before the new patch comes out.

Back