Good friday

amorphus88

Well, I don't have much to say, and I don't have some emotional email spam to cut and paste for ll of you to read, but I've been spending the past hour or so just reflecting.

Almost two thousand years ago, Jesus Christ was crucified for us. I guess we forget that a lot. Good Friday has never been a big thing for me - I always placed more importance in Christmas and Easter, much more, in fact. I never thought about everything that went on on this day two millenia ago - Jesus went through unspeakable horrors for us. He was beaten, flogged, mocked, ridiculed, and all He had to do was say one word, and He would've been free from the pain, away from the sufferings of our world. and He didn't - he bore the worst the world could throw at him - literally - all for you, me.

Christmas is a joyous time, Easter is triumphant, and Good Friday... well, I can't say it in words. Christ willingly came down, his perfection marred by the scars on his hands, feet, head, and sides. We're missing a lot... Read through the story of his persecution... you'll find some amazing stuff.

A crown of thorns was never so beautiful... =/

And, as is my tradition whenever I start a new thread, heres a link.
smile.gif
(Here, DH, you don't even have to cut and paste!
biggrin.gif
)

Dream[URL]

Good friday never meant much to me either. Untill this year. I took my bestfriend to our good friday church service. It was her first time at one of our services, yet we'v been friends for 6 years *sigh* She's christian, but her family is cacholic =\ anywayz... The service went great. It was a great message. And at the end our worship pastor sang the closing song (I forget the name of it) But it was a awsome song. Then at the end, everyone just stayed seated... Praying. And left on their own time. I only stayed a few minutes as did most people. But it was a awsome few minutes
smile.gif
I just sat in the pew, praying, and crying over what Jesus did for us.

I didnt even know what Good Friday was until some time this past year >_<. I won't mention my bursting into tears because im still trying to act somewhat masculine, pffft, like thats ever gonna work.

We had an awesome service this Friday and it was for me one of the first times in the last few years that Good Friday regained the awesome position it needs to have ... I was so struck with God's provision and Jesus' sacrifice .... we even had communion in our cell group the evening before and again in the service ..

your cell group? you mean they let you have computers in prison? wow, I want to get framed. no taxes, no expenses, nothing. just have to watch out when I drop the soap.
wow.gif

smile.gif

I rather liked the Easter service, too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (amorphus88 @ April 20 2003,3:10)]your cell group?  you mean they let you have computers in prison?  wow, I want to get framed.  no taxes, no expenses, nothing.  just have to watch out when I drop the soap.  
wow.gif

smile.gif

I rather liked the Easter service, too.
pwned

[b said:
Quote[/b] (DrummerGirl @ April 20 2003,12:05)]She's christian, but her family is cacholic =\
DG Catholics count as Christians too
tounge.gif
they even celebrate Good Friday no reason for a =\

Back