Good time

shamgar07

Legacy of Elijah Officer
Well that was an awesome weekend!!!!! The group i was with on sunday was great and we got to fight a Shadow Behemoth!!!!!! It was massive but a little to short of a fight. Cannot wait for this to come out to do some real damage!

clawed-

Bonwar Deathlock

I think that as part of that group I spent more time imitating a rug than anything else. Most used phrase, "Where did y'all go?". Lots of fun though. That Ringmaster was more of a pain than the Shadow Behemoth. Locahantus has much to learn.

Yeah the ringmaster was tough. It will be interesting to get used to phased fights and planning attacks. Locahantus just needs to take some swimming lessons and a compass and she should be good. Good times! I didn't make it to the end i was to tired but did hit the diving board before i logged off.

Probably the next weekend I don't have even an hour to spare...(sigh)

There has been announced that there will be a third beta weekend, though the date has not been set yet.

Some articles are expressing frustration at no date for release yet. The articles I've read have compared GW2 betas to RIFT, SWTOR, TERA, and TWS betas. Basically saying that these games all had a release date, 2-3 betas right before release (weeks to a month), then the actual release. GW2 has had 2 betas more than a month apart with a third beta announced and still no release date.

One article said, 'if the Asura and Sylvari are ready to be tested, we could be looking at a release date close to August-September. if the Asura and Sylvari are not ready to be tested in the third beta, and more problems crop up, then we could be looking at a release date close to the holidays.' Either way, GW2 fans are starting to get frustrated with not being able to play the game they've paid for months ago.

Either way, GW2 fans are starting to get frustrated with not being able to play the game they've paid for months ago.

I wonder were they got that information. I'm not frustrated at all. I am more than happy to continue waiting for an excellent product. Especially this year, companies have pushed through unfinished games to meet deadlines, make money, and cheat their customers. Anet can take their time perfecting my game because I demand a perfect game. I would be happy to continue with once a month betas so they can fine tune everything for several more months and I don't feel cheated in the least bit by paying ahead of time for a game I don't have access to yet. Besides, I've already resigned myself to a holiday release. While GW2 is already far beyond most games in terms of quality and professionalism, Anet still has a lot of work to do before they release GW2. I would be shocked to see it released before summer is over.

I know you are just quoting someone, this is by no means suggested towards you Taran. While the withdraws are a pain, I say keep the betas rolling, it's just going to make the final product even better :)

Keep in mind they are being nice enough not to wipe everything between Betas. They could easily do that a force you to replay the opening quests and areas all over again.

I didn't take your comments personally. But I can say that after scouring the forums and listening to a few other people in the beta chat (zone speak), that there is some frustration out there among some of the players. The articles that I have read weren't saying "everyone" was frustrated, but rather that it is growing. I got the sense that its a speculative warning basically saying to Anet "don't take too long getting every single detail just right."

But we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I seriously doubt any amount of speculation is going to make Anet speed anything up.

I completely agree with STC. I hope Anet doesn't rush things because of criticism. They need to come out with a stellar product. I'm planning on a holiday release as well.

My thinking, as well - remember the old Orson Welles wine commercials, "We will sell no wine before its time."? Substitute "game" for "wine" and you have it.

I don't mind waiting. I'd rather have it be perfect than lacking. The lvl 5 charr storyline didn't work updating after I completed it 4 times, so at lvl 14 couldn't do any storyline still. THAT is frustrating.

I wish they would just leave the character creator up so that I can get all my characters juuuuuuuust right before it releases. *grump* Other than that, I am resigned to a holiday release.

The only problem I may have is reserving one weekend a month for BWE. How long will my better half put up with that silliness?

Back