Google makes us happy today!!!

read the fine print. ANYTHING you post through that browser they ahve hte right to capture and use as they see fit. No thanks.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10030522-56.html

"By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any content which you submit, post or display on or through, the services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the services and may be revoked for certain services as defined in the additional terms of those services."

So I get the impression that not only is the google browser a sucky one, it's also like having a camera built into your computer so some corporate executive can have "statistics" on what I view? Yeesh.

So I get the impression that not only is the google browser a sucky one, it's also like having a camera built into your computer so some corporate executive can have "statistics" on what I view? Yeesh.

Actually, Chrome is EXACTLY what they said it was going to be, so I do not call it sucky at all, they did everything they said they would, therefore, I am happy...plus Google is always FTW!!!

Last edited:
Since Chrome is still in beta stage I am not interested in it, Firefox 3 is more than good enough for me at the moment...

Yeah for Google. I have installed it and played around with it a bit today. It is slow....but oh so pretty.

Yeah for Google. I have installed it and played around with it a bit today. It is slow....but oh so pretty.

Try using it with javascript intensive apps. I am debating trying to get it deployed at work as it beats the snot out of IE and firefox.

It uses about 1/10 of the RAM firefox uses, plus the longer firefox runs, it continues to gather RAM, I have had firefox up to 350MB of RAM...lol

Wow.

Google has their own browser now. We really needed another one. :rolleyes:

And it monitors everything we do? And sends it all back to - Google? Awesome.

And this is the same Google that censors search results for communist governments?

The only question I have remaining is why anyone would want to use this piece of garbage, but then, anyone who would deserves whatever they get... :)

Google has their own browser now. We really needed another one. :rolleyes:

Technically it isn't a _new_ browser as it uses the existing webkit rendering engine. What is new is the javascript engine, which is mostly compatible with existing stuff (a few bugs like certain keystrokes don't fire) and it spanks the pants off of firefox and IE. Also webkit tends to render much faster then gecko and use less memory, so we will likely see chrome ported to android shortly.

I welcome competition, particularly anything that eliminates IE market share. The release of chrome has gotten mozilla to up the timetable on their new javascript engine and chances are it will push for more innovation on that front.

Back