There is a man in jail for murder
He killed a man for insulting him
It was quick and painless.

I own a cell phone
The same money could feed 3 people
I choose to let them die a slow death,
for a convenience.

Am I any less a murderer?

I see where your going, and i truly believe; No. if a man killed some one on purpose and in murder, then yes he is guilty of sin, you on the other hand bought a phone, that you most likely needed . god does not want us to bear the problems of the world on our shoulders, no he wants us to HELP HIM bear the worlds problems, it's his job to run earth and he's doing great at it. god wants us to server him not be him. i started to have morals like you and think along those lines, but i woke up one day and said to my self "every thing is up to god, so why am i worried so much about every one and everything? i mean sure i need to do stuff and take care of stuff etc, but in the big picture god is in control. i hope this helps you. good luck man.

I totaly see what your saying. But i agree with Braveheart.
The biggest difference between you and the man in the Bible is: He had a murderous intention. You on the other hand was just paying a phone bill. I think that you should give praise to God for allowing him to live where you can have phones. I think about it almost everyday how fortunate i am to live in this nation and in this economic bracket and everytime it humbles me because i know all too well that i could have been one of those people who are dieing everyday from starvation. Idk whats God's plan is, but he is using this for a reason, whether it be to make you more humble or aware, or to get you to help donate to local charities, or whatever the reason may be. But you did not kill people. Killing people and having people die are two totaly different things. One you want to have life fade out of them, the other you really would want life to STAY in them.
I really dont know any much more to say other than your in the clear.

oh, i do have one more thing. To answer your question directly: no you are not a murderer.

My point is not so much to say that cell phones and other blessings are wrong. I just am appalled that I care more about those blessings and comforts than I do about peoples lives.

What things can you do or are doing to help those who go without? It is one thing to say "I'll do what it takes to help those who are hungry" and it is another to actually do it. Will throwing out your cell phone feed three people who die of starvation or will using the cell phone to call one of the many fine sponsorship programs help feed those people, their families and maybe their villages?

Last edited:
Don't see how you are responsible for someone starving to death hundred of miles away for paying your phone bill. You can drive yourself insane trying to help every single person on the earth. Just help those that God has called you to help. God's burden is light.

As I said before, it is not so much that I have a cell phone as that I am appalled that I care so little that they are dieing.

Back