Guide to Instances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weazel

Here's an overview of some of the instances and the quests for them, minimum level in paretheses:

*Denotes NOT sharable

DEADMINES (18-22; 2-3 hours to complete):
The Defias Brotherhood * (Gryan Stoutmantle, Westfall)
Oh Brother... (Wilder Thistlenettle, Stormwind - Dwarven district, unmarked inn)
Collecting Memories (Wilder Thistlenettle, Stormwind - Dwarven district, unmarked inn)
Underground Assault (Shoni the Shilent, Stormwind - Dwarven district)

The Stockade (24-30):
What Comes Around... (Redridge)
Crime and Punishment (Duskwood)
Quell the Uprising (Stormwind)
The Color of Blood (Stormwind)
The Stockade Riots (Stormwind)
Fury Runs Deep * (Wetlands)

Blackfathom Deeps (22-28):
Knowledge in the Deeps (Ironforge)
Researching the Corruption (Auberdine)
In Search of Thaelrid (Darnassus)
Twilight Falls (Darnassus)

Razorfen Kraul (24-30):
Blueleaf Tubers *(Ratchet)
Mortality Wanes (Razorfen Kraul)

Gnomeragan (28-35):
Save Techbot's Brain! (Ironforge)
Gnogaine * (Karanos)
Gyrodrillmatic Excavationators (Ironforge)
Essential Artificials (Stormwind)
Data Rescue (Ironforge)
Grime-Encrusted Ring * Gnomeragan)
The Grand Betrayal (Ironforge)

Scarlet Monestary (36-42):
Mythology of the Titans (Ironforge)
In the Name of the Light * (Southshore, original starts in Desolace)

Razorfen Downs (39-44):
Bring the Light (Stormwind)
Scourge of the Downs (Razorfen Downs)
A Host of Evil (Razorfen Downs)

Uldaman (40-48):
The Lost Dwarves (Ironforge)
Reclaimed Treasures (Ironforge)
Power Stones (Badlands)
Solution to Doom (Badlands)
Uldaman Regeant Run ** (Theselmar)
Agmond's Fate * (Loch Modan Excavation Site)
The Shattered Necklace * (Uldaman)
The Lost Tablets of Will (Badlands)
Amulet of Secrets * (Uldaman)
The Platinum Disks * (Uldaman)

Zul Farrak (45-50):
Scarab Shells (Tanaris)
Troll Temper (Tanaris)
Tiara of the Deep (Dustwallow Marsh)
The Prophecy of Mosh'aru * (Tanaris)
Nekrum's Medallion * (Blasted Lands)
Divino-matic Rod (Tanaris)
Gahz'rilla (Tanaris)

Me, Exo, and Bowser have not done any of the instances beyond that (Although I think Exo did Temple). I have not given the exact location for some of these and have not even done a few of them, so I cannot confirm their existance.

I have left out those past Zul Farrak because we lack experience in them and will not get to them for a while. I have also left out horde only instances (Wailing Caverns, Ragefire Chasm, Shadowfang Keep), horde only quests, and class specific quests that deal with an instance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever you're leading a group for an instance make sure everyone is an appropriate level for the dungeon. If someone is of a slightly lower level then you need to adjust the way the party pulls and behaves in that instance.

Before leaving make sure that everyone has all the quests and that everyone is fully repaired. It really stinks to go into an instance and find out someone doesn't have a certain quest and that they want it, or a member's armor is breaking just halfway through.

Also, it is very important to make sure everyone has enough drinks and food. If not, have mages conjure some, or head back to town to pick some up and share with everyone.

Personally, I like doing instances at the lowest level possible because I get a great sense of joy when I defeat a dungeon and no one else thought our group could. It’s not impossible to defeat a hard dungeon, but it does take a good group to do it. As such, designate who is doing what. Specify who your main healer is, who’s tanking, who’s pulling, etc. Before each boss you should brief the group on what’s going on. Whenever I’m leading a group I usually like to take a few breaks, which is a very good idea because you don’t’ want your party stressed throughout the entirety of it. I suggest taking breaks just after you defeat a boss or a room, and have everyone a chance to get up and stretch, go to the restroom, or grab some drinks. I’ve found that ten to fifteen minutes is the perfect amount of time to take a break.

As you’re finishing the instance make sure everyone is getting the required quest items. Let everyone know if/when you plan on doing the instance again, and if they say they’d like to join just add them to your friends list as a reminder.

What happens if another group enters the instance? What about respawns in a room?

I've never done an instance...I don't know if these are even problems.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gods_Peon @ Jan. 03 2005,3:13)]What happens if another group enters the instance?  What about respawns in a room?

I've never done an instance...I don't know if these are even problems.
Instances are designed for single parties only, meaning a separate one is created for every group. Two groups cannot enter the same instance. In beta, you could get around this by bringing in one group, disbanding, then inviting some more people to have two or more groups in the same instance. However, they changed this by hearthstoning you out if you are not part of the main group for one minute.

A raid group can similarly rush through an instance with ease, but in doing so, you will not be able to finish any of the quests and will have to distribute loot between more than five people.

All mobs respawn except for named mobs. However, they will all respawn at different rates. The early instances have a very slow respawn rate, while the higher end ones will respawn quickly.

I suggest you do some instances so that you will know if you like them or not. The Stockade is a great instance to get people started: It's short, easy, and right in Stormwind for easy travelling.

I am currently updating this to included information I can find on:

Who starts the quests and where they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back