Guild Bank in Cataclysm

Flamethrøwer

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to make you all aware of the recent changes made to guild stuff in Cataclysm. This is straight from the blues:

Guild Talents are gone
The guild talents are gone and your guild now gets extra bonuses depending on its level. There are 25 levels and each level will automatically reward with more cool stuff. The leveling process remains unchanged and your guild will gain experience through PvP, Dungeon and Raid progression, questing, etc ...

Guild currency has also been removed and rewards will just be "unlocked" after you reach a specific level or complete a guild achievement. Once a reward is unlocked, members will be able to purchase it with gold. Some of the rewards include guild tabards, mounts, heirlooms, and it looks like you will finally be able to have a guild tabard on your mount. (Just like the Argent Tournament banners)

New members of a guild won't be able to buy everything directly, they will have to contribute to the progression of the guild before they can access the top rewards. Each time a player helps towards the leveling he will gain reputation with the guild, the best rewards will require players to be exalted with their guild before they can buy it.

As you can see - it's been confirmed for the first time that we will need gold to advance guild abilities. I'd just like to remind you all to contribute to the guild bank if you are willing. Let's get Redeemed ready for the expansion!

As I said before - I will not be checking who is donating and who is not. Donating will not affect anyone's standing within the guild.

For additional new developments, check out your favorite fansite!

i think it goes either way honestly flame i think some guild buys as a whole then characters buy but nonetheless its good to help out the guild

Blizzard Person said:
Each time a player helps towards the leveling he will gain reputation with the guild, the best rewards will require players to be exalted with their guild before they can buy it.

Now sure how I feel about that. lol

We could use Gbank gold to "reward" members that officers feel have contributed in some sort of exceptional way (above and beyond is the cliche I think I'm reaching for) with Guild rewards that they might otherwise purchase with his or her own gold.

What I want to know is what sort of "contributions" it is talking about. Is it achievements? XP gain? Bosses killed? Profession levels? Reputation gains?

If Achievements/Reputation count, maybe I should have waited to do my Insane title, lol.

Back