Guild question

Unfetered

Is SoE more active than SOE?

After a 7 hour play time and talking to myself in guild chat while 4-6 people were on think I need something more active. So was just wondering if the other guild has more activity or if I should just look for another guild completely.

First, not many people are going to have a seven hour play time. Most of us catch an hour here and there or schedule a longer time during an event.

Second, I keep the alliance channel up - most of the time I game with people from the alliance, not limiting myself to the guild. There are few times I don't have someone to chat with or kill with. That is why we have the alliance.

Third, I don't know which guild is more active. It hasn't been an issue for me - especially relying on alliance rather than guild support. Some of the most active people are in smaller guilds.

Good luck making a decision.

First, not many people are going to have a seven hour play time. Most of us catch an hour here and there or schedule a longer time during an event.

Second, I keep the alliance channel up - most of the time I game with people from the alliance, not limiting myself to the guild. There are few times I don't have someone to chat with or kill with. That is why we have the alliance.

Third, I don't know which guild is more active. It hasn't been an issue for me - especially relying on alliance rather than guild support. Some of the most active people are in smaller guilds.

Good luck making a decision.

Thanks I am looking for a more active guild as in a guild i can see who is on and send messages to see if they want to do something in an alliance you cant do that if they dont respond. Good luck.

Last edited:
There you go.

One thing though - if people don't respond they are usually in the middle of some pretty serious mission or quest. Otherwise - I've found that people are pretty responsive - guildies and alliance members.

If you find a guild out there - as active as you are looking for - and Christian - let us know. We'd love to invite them to be a member of the alliance.

There you go.

One thing though - if people don't respond they are usually in the middle of some pretty serious mission or quest. Otherwise - I've found that people are pretty responsive - guildies and alliance members.

If you find a guild out there - as active as you are looking for - and Christian - let us know. We'd love to invite them to be a member of the alliance.

Well figure I do not like shopping for guilds so either I go solo or start one and see what happens. I will be on the forums CGA still my home.

And I want more GW PVP!

SOE has been a bit more active than SoE, if that helps. I'm hoping to be playing more in the next month or so.

I always figured that SoE was kind of the overflow of SOE, right? So while one is always at maximum capacity, the other only has whoever we have beyond maximum capacity (which probably wouldn't be as huge).

Is my understanding correct, officers?

If so, you really have to use ALLIANCE chat to be in touch with the guild, yes?

Actually, SOE (Spirit of Elisha) was kind of the overflow of SoE (Spirit of Elijah). They are two separate guilds but partners in spirit and history - separate because of the 100 maximum members limitation.

And, yes, if you are not on Alliance chat you will not see the other guilds - including your SoE or SOE partner.

Started a guild last night PRE <The Predestined> will see what happens
I'm not sure how creating a new guild will create more activity for you unless you get a lot of people to join. Unfortunately, that usually means lots of recruiting in towns and such which results in quite a few "griefers" if you advertise that you are looking to recruit believers.

We always go through a quiet spell after a major event. We had Wintersday in December/January, followed by the Canthan New Year in February. There were quite a few people around for the Canthan New Year. This month will feature Guild Wars' Fifth Birthday celebration which should result in more activity, especially with the War in Kryta marketing campaign.

As you already know, this is an old game and many players only care about getting through the campaigns so they can say they "beat" the game, not realizing nor caring that there is much more to it. Once they're done with that, they're off to another game. We've lost a few to Aion and other games.

I hope you're able to grow your guild and find what you're looking for.

As you already know, this is an old game and many players only care about getting through the campaigns so they can say they "beat" the game, not realizing nor caring that there is much more to it. Once they're done with that, they're off to another game. We've lost a few to Aion and other games.

Yeah, that was ME several years ago, but now I am starting fresh, and yes I know GW2 comes out the end of this year, but I am going to enjoy GW also along with GW2. :) Besides, I realized that with the other MMO's I was always WANTING more, but with GW you know what you are getting, and you don't have to think OH WHAT IS NEXT in terms of Exp etc. :) You enjoy the campaigns...although I haven't completed a single one yet. :eek: My Monk is my first "new" toon, so I am semi-new anyways. I am hoping to create some other toons to balance out my play time with several stylse. Also with GW unlike other MMO(s) I can jump in game and DO SOMETHING and then jump right off and actually feel like I am getting somewhere WITHOUT worrying about spending hours trying to do something only to realize I am still behind. :)

Amen to that - that is why I keep coming back to GW. If I have 15 or 20 minutes I can still get something done. Even if it is only cleaning out inventory - I can accomplish something.

There you go.

I sometimes have a problem with responding because as I get older multitasking is more difficult. So I zone out when in a quest or mission. And to make matters worse because of some hearing difficulties I don't alway wear my headphones so I don't hear the whisper ping. I do have to listen for the phone, whiny dogs, cars arriving, loving wife etc., and just can't play game, chat, listen to the outside world, etc. very well. My apologies if it seems like I have ignored you some. Even using team speak can be a stretch for me.

Ursen I am the same way. :) I have a wife, two kids, school, teaching weekly at church in different settings, so I can definitely relate...especially being a guy, I am not the greatest multi-tasker. :) Although i am trying to improve. Plus I am excited to start my counseling courses this summer, the first course has a text book on communicating and listening...LOL So maybe I can improve in that area too. :)

Sorry if this is off topic, but how long are the main campaigns, aside from the sidequests, dungeons, etc. :) I am excited to get to explore all the places with my Monk and my other soon to be alts! LOL

Hmmmmm in this permanewbs opinion, for what it's worth, the Prophecies takes the longest because they walk you all over creation to get to the end of a mission. Factions is probably the shortest, a lot of missions are timed so a bonus in nm can take as little as 10-15 mins to complete. NF is in the middle although missions are scattered all over the map it doesn't take long to get to them. And the continued splits in the story line let you tailor some of your mission choices to what is easier for your abilities and character, hence speeding it up some. And without giving a spoiler there is a place in Night Fall you have to learn a whole new skill set no matter the class of the 'toon.

Last edited:
Strictly speaking of the number of missions:
Prophecies: 25
Factions: 13
Nightfall: 20

However the length of the average mission and challenge is all subjective. There are a few missions in Factions and Nightfall that are excruciatingly painful to complete and/or get Masters. While some missions are as simple as following Rurik around till you get to a city.

Thank Urs :) Appreciate the input. I love how the stories are actually STORIES...unlike some games that only say do this quest so you can get xp so you can level FASTER..etc.:D But that is just my opinion. :)

Oh hey STC :) Thanks also! :)

Last edited:
Yeah, that was ME several years ago, but now I am starting fresh, and yes I know GW2 comes out the end of this year, but I am going to enjoy GW also along with GW2. :)

As much as I wish GW2 were to actually come out the end of the year, ArenaNet has stated time and time again that there is no set release date yet, and given that the beta hasn't even been announced yet next year looks a lot more likely. Basically, don't get your hopes up until ArenaNet gives us anything official.

Back