Guild Social Nite/Outreach

I dont believe thats how we should interpret that verse at all. You shouldn't wish persecution upon yourself or any other Christian.

Rather, the verse was meant to be an encouraging and revitalizing statement for those who were being brought down because of their preachings and beliefs.

Without getting into too much detail...I see it this way.

You hope for the best; that your words fall on receptive ears and all goes well.

However, if you are ridiculed and people try to hurt you with words because you stand up for what is right, christian, and good, don't let it get you down! Because its proof that what you're doing is causing the devil so much grief, he's going out of his way to try to get you to stop.

I'm not holy man, preacher, priest, or the like. Its just my opinion. Hope my explanation serves as a betterment :)

You may not have a degree saying that you are a preacher, but as a student at BIOLA who is in the progress of getting just such a degree, let me convince you that authority does not and will never come from a piece of paper (unless Jesus himself signs it). You are a saint! Fully redeemed and fully loved by God through faith in Jesus Christ! One day we will all exist in that truth with fully redeemed bodies (and not all this fleshy stuff)!

More to the point I agree with your analysis of the Scripture. I hope my response above was understood to coincide with this.

By this statement I understand you to mean that I should actually pray for persecution. Persecution is of the devil, and I wish that all would have ears to hear the good news. Trolls are destructive nonsensical players who would only hinder our work for the kingdom. If I pray for no persecution it is so that many might believe without hindrance.

Just to be clear, I NEVER meant that you should pray for persecution. I am not a heretic. Remember, context is king. I posted that verse because on Stonemaul, in trade chat, there's too often someone Jesus bashing. If you are doing Christ's work and being chastised for it, He's got your back. The reward is for pressing on for Him despite the persecution.

Back