Guild Wars 2 Website - Official Start Time!

shamgar07

Legacy of Elijah Officer
It is new and according to it the start of the head start weekend will be 12 noon PST. If I'm reading this wrong let me know...but it looks like we all wont have to be up before dawn playing.WOOT!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:eek::D:D:D:D;)

Moderator's Note: Change thread's title to better announce the start time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before people start asking questions and getting confused. Right now the clock on the GW2 website reflects your system's clock, which means it'll set itself for noon "your time zone."
Just to clarify: The servers will go live MIDNIGHT PDT / 3am EDT.

Twitter said:
To clarify: Countdown timer uses your system time. So it reflects your local timezone. ^MK
Twitter said:
Also: The game will go live for everybody at the same time. ^MK
Twitter said:
I tell the webguys to check the timer tomorrow. NOW we are off, good night! ^MK

EDIT: Update
Twitter said:
Those of you looking forward to headstart, it will begin on August 25 at 00:00 PACIFIC Time. ~RB2 #GW2

Last edited:
I jumped on GW2 guru to see what everyone would be saying. Mainly to giggle a little at everyone that is going to complain that East Coast players get 2.5 days rather than 3. I was amused to find everyone trying to figure out what the actual start time was since it changed for everyone's system clock. xD

Fantastic news :D This means that I can start playing at early launch whether I'm working that day or not. I'll just fire it up while working :D

UPDATE! Twitter clarifies. It's not Noon PDT, it's midnight.

Those of you looking forward to headstart, it will begin on August 25 at 00:00 PACIFIC Time. ~RB2 #GW2

Edited my post above to reflect new information

Dang, I guess I'll just make my characters to keep the names and go to bed...I can't stay awake much later than 2 AM lol...

Back