Hackers out in full

Well the link above has the exploit email address to send it to. Thanks for doing that Ursen!

Last edited:
Figured it out on my own, it is not a true exploit, but a minor design weakness, but something that guild officers, me chiefly, will have to address as soon as I can get in game. Cleaning house right now, later, but will be real antsy until I can get to it.

Ok got it mostly figured out, has to do with Guild Bank permissions, as of now only officers and leader have permission to withdraw items from Guild bank. At least I hope so. Of course no one in our Guild would have their account hacked, right?:p

soooo, at this time, I can place 10000 craft items or weapons, etc & if I need something in there, I can't get 1 or 2? Can you set a limit on what can be withdrawn?.... Plz let me know. I have been sending craft items to folks who ask in /guild, but haven't placed any in GB yet

Bick it is a check to make sure the GB can't be depleted by one person. Currently any officer that is on can get an item out for you, or any one else, but we (I) need to work on recording what goes in and out. Brydon has also been a big help in this, so I will try and work with him on the Excel spreadsheet for helping with this. As for limits there is nothing set in stone yet, I am open to all suggestions in that dept. Remember I am learning what is possible with the game set up and will be working on that more as the next couple of weeks go by. Also there is a limit on what the GB can hold at this time.

Ursen, let me know if you find someone that is willing to help you out with it and we can get him/her set up to assist you.

Thank you Stc, working on it. Now for general information to those with questions on GB we currently have only 50 general slots which are all in use. The other slots for collectable type items seem to be only partially legible and apparently are being worked on by Anet. Again if I am reading this right anyone may deposit items or gold, but please do not use the GB without letting an officer know, it is beginning to look like an over crowded flea market. Also it should be set up so only officers can withdraw items, and I will be coordinating with them as we get set up. Please be patient neither Anet nor I seem to quit have it all together, and I do play the game occasionally instead of working on the GB.

Hey Ursen, any help you need with Excel-omancy let me know. I can't always jump on it right away (I'm getting ready for another camp next weekend), but usually can sometime within the week.

What should we have in the GB? It's so small for such a big group. I would have thought that it would be a good place for crafted stuff but the food has been sitting there with no takers for days. Low lvl stuff is cheap and easy to find on your own but the high lvl stuff will be out of reach for a lot of players. We have been playing WAY to much and our highest lvl guy is only 36. All that to say, "What do people to find when you go look at the bank?"

Queen Kel

I placed some crafting mats in there so others who need them to progress in that craft for the betterment of all of us. Maybe, we will use this site to say what might be needed; then mail to them that ask.

Kel and others we officers are currently working on some comprehensive guidelines for the GB. We are also trying to weed out items which we are by passing in the rapid leveling we are all experiencing. The consensus right now seems to be to build up the GB for Guild Events and Dungeons, which means our stock of consumables will be the most desired items. There will soon be a stickied post which will keep track of items going in and out so we know what is available. There has been some good input from one of officers about building up a guild stash to use in prizes and most of all for things needed such as armour repairs for high level events which will be coming up, as well as any gold needed for pvp. To that end one of the things on the discussion table among officers is a need for all guild members to donate 5 silver a week per account above lvl 10 characters. Currently members have permissions to leave or take out items in the GB, but only to donate funds, not withdraw it, this is reserved for guild leader and officers. I have been very impressed by the open sharing of items among guild members, and until we get the GB up and fully organized we will have to depend upon that. Anet still has not worked out all of the bugs in the GB, which is going to create more problems too. If you wish to sell an item and donate the proceeds this will probably be a more equitable, and efficient process for now. We are going to be trying for full transparency and accountability withing the upcoming stickied post. Another idea which is being put forth by officers, is no low level items, ie whites, blues, and greens to clutter up storage. To that end some items are being sold and the monies returned to the GB. Overall we must take a long view of the GB, what will serve the guild in the long run? Please we need all suggestions and input during this development period. And please if at all possible check with an officer before depositing or withdrawing general items, materials we will take what we can that will help the guild in the long run. Ooops it seems I did not answer a specific question well enough. If you are having a dungeon event, or coordinated clear of an area, by all means use consumables, just let an officer know what is going out so we can beg for new needed items. And please let us know what consumables are best for what uses so our guild cooks can concentrate on that, and our farmers know what to look for. Does that help answer your question Queen Kel?

This is great news, Ursen. Thanks for doing all this.

Will the sticky give us info about when and how to donate? I haven't yet - haven't known how - but willing.

I will have to put that in if I expect to play any of the game at all. But all officers are cooperating in helping with receipt of donations. For right now grab any officer on that is not busy smushing and let them know about donation.

lol - I am an officer - and I don't know about the donation process - can you point me somewhere that explains?

It is too bad that the bank is so very small. It'd be nice to be able to dump all of the excess things as we level crafting so that other guildies can use them while levelling.

As far as the guild tax Ursen mentioned, as someone who has a handful of level 15 characters at the moment, 5s a week is a little frightening. I know it's a tiny amount to someone with high level characters, but so far on two characters I couldn't afford my first manual when I dinged 11, and the manual wiped out my funds on the third. The amount of money you make in a week depends a lot on what kind of activities you engage in as well as what level your characters are.

I hope that doesn't sound like I'm not in to contributing to the guild. I love the idea of crafting for guild members (though my casual playing and altaholism means my crafting isn't very high compared to most others), but 5s could be a lot if you are primarily playing a toon in their teens. Could apply to someone who has a level 80 but is primarily starting to level an alt, too.

Just want to make really clear that I'm not against a guild tax, just that 5s for a character in their teens is still a lot of money.

If ya ain't got, ya ain't got it, do not feel pressured, silver and gold come in time. When ya get above 15 you will be surprised how fast it multiplies, especially if ya pick up everything, and ya keep selling junk and unrelated to profession. Also the rewards for higher level events and hearts gets real nice. Not to mention Black Lion is finally starting to work again, even I can make a little on Black Lion. Just don't feel pressured.

Okay, thanks, Ursen.

Gotta get some of my characters past the mid-teens so I can! :D

Do guild upgrades cost coin as well as influence? Or are guild funds for buying more consumables if there aren't enough in the bank?

This guild thing is kind of new to me.

Last edited:
Abba first I know ya is an occifer, secondly take a look at the Guild bank it is pretty much self explanatory. Even a slow old bear is figuring it out. We are going to keep track(I hope)by using an Excel spreadsheet. What is being done most of all right now though is as people get something that appears valuable to someone else they ping it on Guild chat to see if there are any takers. If so they send it through the mail, if not it becomes merch fodder. We really need cons to build up so the dungeon and clearing events are easier. So far the plan is for the officers to record major usage, then collate the data periodaclly (boy is my spelling bad) and post it in forum.

Back