hacks

Azami

Account got hacked, probably know why, any info from others who've gotten hacked before and how they resolved it would be great.

>_>

awe man that sucks! Sorry to hear that....do you have an authenticator?!?!

you'all know already, get authenticator. one thing that also happens when you get hacked is you epgp gets all messed up if they remove your toons from the guild, so authenticate!

Account got hacked, probably know why, any info from others who've gotten hacked before and how they resolved it would be great.

>_>
Did they just change the password on your WoW account? Or your email too? When I got hacked they changed both and I had to call Blizzard's customer support. They changed the email address to a completely new email address and then reset my WoW password. Once you're in game open a ticket to talk to a GM. It might take you a while to speak to one but once you've spoken to one they usually return some of your gear quickely. The rest of your stuff tends to take a little longer. It took about a week to get all of my miscellaneous items back. And when you get everything back make sure you got everything back on your other characters too.

Also when you create a new email address try and do it on a different computer just incase you have a key logger. Run an anti-virus and GET AN AUTHENTICATOR!

Hopefully you'll get all of your stuff back farely quickly.

you'all know already, get authenticator. one thing that also happens when you get hacked is you epgp gets all messed up if they remove your toons from the guild, so authenticate!
Maybe if they did that then I'd have a chance at getting a T10 token... Since Azami is always WAY above me. :D

when cit got hacked last month, to resolve it he just got on the phone with blizzard customer service, they took off the authenticator the hack had put on his account immediately, changed his pass and he got access back right then, took mumm, i think only a day for his gear to show back up.

when cit got hacked last month, to resolve it he just got on the phone with blizzard customer service, they took off the authenticator the hack had put on his account immediately, changed his pass and he got access back right then, took mumm, i think only a day for his gear to show back up.

it doesn't ask for an authenticator code when I tried to login, so it's just a password change or something.

the people who spotted my toons taking things from the bank, do you know approximately what time it was?

Well, I used the blizz support to try and contact the support and a gm, their phones are way busy with a full queue or something like that so there's not much I can do at this point. Looked on the wow armory of my toons and most everything is gone except for the non-sellable items (except Seton DE'd his non sellables) and he probably emptied out my bank toons stuff including 20k gold I'm sure. Check the AH for any items being auctioned by my toons.

Oddly enough, my level 40 paladin hasn't been touched from what I saw on wow armory.

Well, I used the blizz support to try and contact the support and a gm, their phones are way busy with a full queue or something like that so there's not much I can do at this point. Looked on the wow armory of my toons and most everything is gone except for the non-sellable items (except Seton DE'd his non sellables) and he probably emptied out my bank toons stuff including 20k gold I'm sure. Check the AH for any items being auctioned by my toons.

Oddly enough, my level 40 paladin hasn't been touched from what I saw on wow armory.
Either call right when they open or just wait in the queue.

I just got back my hacked account this morning. Spent an hour on hold in the queue, but finally made it through, they gave me back the account, and all seems well again. I am not too worried about the items he lost, as they were all from TBC, and the hacker did level mining for me up to 450 :D

I had something pop up on my screen about that and closed it out. I dunno if it was or not.. but I typically update on my own. So I just closed it down.

Step 1 complete: I got hold of a Blizz representative and got my email changed back to what it should've been in the first place (weird story) and password changed twice. I think a keylogger would've messed with my email too but it has remained thus far unharmed as well as my Magic Online account which also has values in it but went untouched.

Account has been suspended for 72 hours so it'll be back on the 23rd so then I'll be contacted by a GM about recovering gear on my numberous alts, whatever bank stuff got stolen and returning Azami's 14 Trinkets.

Last edited:
Back