Hanging up my hat

Quantum_Man

The day has come when I have decided to, for the time being, hang up my Guild Wars hat. And not only Guild Wars but all computer games actually. PC gaming does take up a lot of my time and I decided that it is time better spent on other things. I will hopefully be getting married within a year, getting a new job, finding a house to live in, all time consuming things. :eek: I won't be selling or giving away my account or anything however, just in case. ;) (I am leaving my 4 characters with all their armor and weapons as is)

I will still visit the forums and say hello to see what's going on, especially when the expansion comes out. And if enough of you guys are still playing in a year, I'd love to get back into the swing of things. So I guess that you can take me off the roster if you need to make room for new recruits.

I do have a parting gift of 119k, that I'd like to give to the guild as a whole, perhaps a community fund for anyone who needs gold for anything. I think either Pastori or an officer should be in charge of the gold. Let me know how you want to work that out.

I've had fun with you guys, questing, exploring, farming, chatting. I'll definitely miss playing GW with you all. Play hard, play well, but most importantly stand up for Christ wherever you are! :) God bless.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! DON'T GO BACK TO REALITY!!! ONCE YOU GO, IT'S TERRIBLY HARD TO COME BACK!!! *sobs uncontrollably*

:(

Such things may also be on the horizon for me, too. I'll also be getting married within the next several months (June of 2006) and I've logged more time in to GW than I'd be willing to admit. At this point, my monk has beaten all the Titan quests (and is closing in on 1 million XP), my elementalist has mastered Sorrow's Furnace, my Mesmer has defeated Hell's Precipice, and my Warrior just ascended and moved on to Droknar's Forge.

I can say that I have seen the great places of Tyria, from the volcanoes that line the outer banks of the Fissure, to the strange and mysterious door that lies upon the top of the mountain in the Underworld. I have braved the eerie forests of the Wraiths and defended Orozar from the Summit hordes. I have watched four spirited level 20 heroes square off and best three nasty level 24 Titan lords in the tar pits of Dragon's Gullet. I've fought mechanical monstrosities in the Furnace and forged the treacherous paths to Port Sledge and Marhan's Grotto. I've witnessed (as an accompanying monk) trapper teams dispatch the hordes of the Underworld with ease, and watched those same teams fall before the Hex-crazy spectres that haunt the deepest places there. I've faced Galrath no fewer than a dozen times, many times aiding friends and guild mates with my seasoned monk... and each time marveled at the Wizard's Tower which floats not far away. I've stared up at that same tower from the beach north of Sanctum Cay, and driven through hordes of Minotaur and Nightmares along the Tears of the Fallen. I have even journeyed to the gateway whereupon the Sceptre of Orr was retrieved and dueled with the undead level 24 dragon that perched nearby, comerades turning holy damage loose on the demon. I've been to the northern regions of Ice Tooth Cave and the southern expanse of Maguuma State.

In fact, the only area to elude me yet is the vaunted Hall of Heroes. Alas, one cannot do everything, right? Still, no one can say that Guild Wars does not offer more to see than a reasonable man has time for. :)

Wow, thats tough to hear.. It hurts to lose someone who was "always on", like you were. I will miss you Q-man. (Who am I gonna run by UW soloing builds with now???)

Of course your priorities are in order and thats important.

When the next update rolls out, I hope to see ya pop your head in game. Please visit the boards and keep us updated with any good news from real life. Thanks for your participation and assistance.

Man, Josh and Q... you guys have been solid rocks in this guild. We will sorely miss you, but I completely understand, and wish both of your upcoming marriages the best. I will be praying for God's blessing on you and your soon to be families.

As for the gold, it should certainly be under Pastori's care. Thank you, Q.

Yeah you will be missed I am newer but have had the pleasure of playing with you once or twice!! We will see you around!! And Mr Ablaze I would like to be your young Padwan and travel UW with you :0)

Guys, your spot on the roster will be here when you return.

I actually had the same thoughts almost 6 years ago, when I first got married. Then, I realized something... my wife likes to sleep 9 hours a night, and I sleep about 5. :D

And thanks for your generous gift. I know we can make good use of it. I'm thinking we should actually split it between myself, Slice, and Ewoks, simply because we're not all on all the time.

I'm also going to donate 20k of my own money and we'll start a guild fund. Of course, this means we'll probably need a new officer to be in charge of finance... it makes sense, since I already have a CIO and COO, that I should hire a CFO. :D

Last edited:
wharra 'bout me?! I'm on all the time! *pouts* *daydreams about gold* *drools*

lol j/k. Josh and Q, it's good to see that you're not gonna let GW interfere with your marriage.

(cuz everyone knows I would :p)

OK, I am currently in possession of 80k from Quantum, Syd currently has 40k. As soon as Slice and I are on at the same time I'll give him the 40k so that it's all equal.

Incidentally, I believe we made our first donation from the stash last night. I'm going to sticky an accounting thread where we can keep track of Quantum's money and who has what.

My question is should we consider it loans when gold is passed out from this stash, where the user should repay it when they get the chance? Doing so means we can keep a stash around longer, with the ability to assist more players than if we just doled it out as fairly random donations.

One thing that gold should be used for is to pay for invitations to SoE. One of the last updates started charging guild officers every time they invite a new member. I think it is 1 plat per invite. That money should not come out of the officers personal stash.

You guys will be missed, although I have a feeling you may be back, at least part time, at some point in the future.

Thanks for the gift, though.

The Frog talked about potential guild hall upgrades. If there is a charge for them, this may come in handy for that.

As for Halonic's point about invites, at 100g we understand it's not much, but you probably have each spent a few plat on invites total. However, now that we've topped out, it might slow down a bit.

It might be fun to hand some of it out in Ascalon City to those requesting help. Could be a good conversation starter with people new to the game. A chance to point out toj.cc and the forums. I'm still kicking myself for not pushing a little further in a conversation the other day for someone who begged "I need 3 tanned hide squares, Please!". He/She seemed shocked when I offered them for free. Could have been a great opportunity to mention our forums and introduce ourselves and Christ.

Just a thought.

Loew, that is brilliant.

Maybe we could take say 12k of the money and use it for outreach? (I picked that number because it happens to be 10% :D). We could buy people items and such, and use it as a tool to witness to folks... I wonder if that's against the game's ToS...

Back