• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Silly question to ask, of course

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
we had to buy 4 copies of GW2 one each for me, the wife, popcorn, and Mike, Oh and yeah the neighbor (kel's firend) bought her own account also. That's Awesome. playing with faimly is as good as it gets

It's nice seeing the Manyik account back on these forums. Reminds me of when I first joined so many years ago. It's even better that your signature is still misspelled too. And I know for a fact that it's not the first time I've pointed it out :p

"together" not "togather" :D

Maybe they're just really into crafting and are only playing to gather resources. ?

Manyik was that standard version? Or digital deluxe? Glad to hear everyone got their own copy, now as long as there are enuf comps to go around.

i dont think theyve really said any more, but i figure if they bring the servers up early, itll be like a last minute stress test(so they might not stay up), so they can fix any last minute bugs that pop up

As long as my names are saved idc if they go back down, ill probably be going to bed as soon as i saved em, so they can do whatever they want after that

As long as my names are saved idc if they go back down, ill probably be going to bed as soon as i saved em, so they can do whatever they want after that

The sensible side of me agrees, but I know it'll be tempting to wait for them to come back up. A lot depends on how communicative they are. If ANet lets us know they are taking them down for a bit, and they'll be back up in an hour, I might go to bed. If, however, the could go back up at any moment, it will be hard not to just sit there browsing the forums and spamming the login button.

I expect, no matter what, that I won't be doing much actual "playing" tonight. Once I get my names reserved, I'll probably spend a ridiculous amount of time in the character creation getting the perfect look for each one, then run to the heart of the mists to try out some of the armor I want to make sure it's going to look good on my toon.

Then I need to get each of my alts to their crafting station, and I'll probably spend time on my main just unlocking the entirety of each of the main cities for the experience boost at the start, then do all of the PvP training quests for another xp boost.

I'm guessing it will be tomorrow by the time I do my first DE or heart out in the world.

So looking forward to it!

OK here is the deal my wife laughed at me when I brought up the notion of getting up @ 3am just to play a game (She doesn't understand) but said as long as I don't wake her its not a problem. So being that my comp is in our bedroom I am looking at ways to rearrange the room around so that the light from the monitor wont be aiming at the bed. Hmmmm :rolleyes:

Might be best to move the computer entirely. There have been recent studies showing how disruptive lcd light is to sleep patterns. They say that even the light from a smart phone can cause significant sleep problems.

Might be worth the hassle of relocating for the night in order for a greater chance of domestic peace. :D

They mentioned going online early, just because it takes them a while to bring it all up. When the beta was supposed to start at noon, I was playing at 11:30. I'm pretty sure that's all it's about. Once they bring it up tonight, it's going to be up barring the unexpected.

Well if they do the rumored 3 hrs early it is now just shy of 12 hrs, I have already informed my wife and mom DO NOT expect intelligence out of me this weekend. I have stocked sandwich makings, and chips for ease of refueling. I will attend church Sunday, but will rush home, gulp a sandwich down, and go back to it. Can't miss the weekly recharge of fellowship with other Christians, even if the game went live at 1100 hrs EST Sunday. I am not that hardcore sorry.

Talk about being a kid waitin' fer Christmas, I am updating client every hour to hour 1/2.:eek:

I won't vote in the poll because I'm unsure. :) I'm going to try, at least to reserve my name and perhaps get a couple of levels in. If I was ten years younger I would be doing an all-nighter with my gatorade and vivarin caffeine tablets. I suppose there is a possibility I still will :) We'll see how my endurance holds up....

OK officially they say servers start at midnight pst but if their betas are any indication they will go live earlier so if i can get up around 3am est I am going to be there.

theyve also said theyll could go up as much as 3 hours early, so its almost a sure thing they will be up early. Just won't know exactly when until it happens ;)

Back