health? awesome

galatian

SOO had some more tests ran today (an upper endoscopy aka camera down my throat) and a colonoscopy. Between those and a few other tests the doctor is leaning very hard towards that i have Celiac disease, along with my acid reflux (GERD) and that the gerd is actually worse then we thought. They took biopsies of some of my small intestine and my colon and some white spots.
He said to be warned that we probably will have to do the surgery to fix the GERD and that i more then likely do have celiac disease but he doesn't want to just pin it on that just yet, because they saw some issues with my gallbladder as well.

Honestly i'm kinda happy about all this because for ONCE i've had a doctor actually look into this after 14ish years of having stomach issues one looks into it. But not so happy because i LOVE bread and tortillas :(

Please if i could get you guys to pray for me that would be wonderful! Thank you :) O and pray for me because next week I will be one of the teachers for VBS at the church that my dad recently became the pastor of. I've always felt lead to some sort of ministry and i'm hoping that this will help kick start my adventure to find what God wants with my life.

You are too young to be sick bro! Praying for wisdom for the doctors and the strength to handle whatever treatment is ahead.

Going gluten-free is a trip, but I've heard it helps alot of people.

Having celiac disease isn't as bad as some people make it seem, my mom was 57 when she was diagnosed a few years ago. I know how far she goes to ensure she doesn't consume (or even come into contact with, for that matter) gluten. Eating gluten-free isn't hard either, you just need to do a little homework, and you'll be surprised how many places serve gluten free food.

It's strange because my mom also has GERD. Shes a professional soloist, so I imagine she has her GERD under control.

Completely agree with comments -- my wife and stepson follow insanely strict gluten-free diets ... just in the last few years it's amazing how it's changed from being a health food store specialty item to something that seems pretty mainstream in supermarkets to chain restaurants. At first is annoying (imo) to discover how ubiquitous wheat is in your diet ... but rice flour versions of all sorts of things exist (including rice and/or spelt tortillas, which are my wife's staple food), and spelt and/or Ezekiel bread (if made the right way) are also an option. Just by being a little more deliberate about food choices also is just good calorie-intake-governing as well ... not important to you now, Gala, but what your metabolism starts winding down in 10-15 years, you'll be a step ahead.

But anyhow, back to your post Gala, glad you're progressing towards some sort of answer ... and what kind of relief that can provide.

Galatians we love you and are praying for you! I'm glad you are getting some answers and I believe God can totally heal you!

Last edited:
Back