Hearthstone

This is now in Open Beta, meaning anyone interested can give it a try. I've been playing for just over a month and it's really replayable without ANY cash input. As always, watching Twitch streams will improve a beginner's play if you aren't familiar with the type of game.
PRO TIP: If you get a daily quest worth only 40 gold, then hit the 'x' in the corner to exchange it once to see if you can get one worth 60 or 100.
-- Jag

This is now in Open Beta, meaning anyone interested can give it a try. I've been playing for just over a month and it's really replayable without ANY cash input. As always, watching Twitch streams will improve a beginner's play if you aren't familiar with the type of game.
PRO TIP: If you get a daily quest worth only 40 gold, then hit the 'x' in the corner to exchange it once to see if you can get one worth 60 or 100.
-- Jag

Also, you should try to get all characters to LvL 10, against AIs to get more cards.

Playing against Players on a lower LvL will be frustrating.

Played Hearthstone for the first time tonight. Liking it so far. Narrowly (NARROWLY) won my first PvP game. Got trounced by Elader, eked out a win against Elihu.

Anyone interested in playing Hearthstone with other ToJ folks should check out the Battle.net BattleTag list thread. Post your own BattleTag in that thread if you'd like!

I loooooove this game. I also love the fact that I can make a pirate deck. Murloc decks are cheap though, and I refuse to build one on principle.

I loooooove this game. I also love the fact that I can make a pirate deck. Murloc decks are cheap though, and I refuse to build one on principle.
What is this murloc deck of which you speak? It's sounds so...troll-y.

I want in.

someone, usually a warlock, builds a deck that uses most/all the murloc cards and cheap efficient cards that synergize well with them. The goal is essentially flood your side with murlocs and rush the opponent down as fast as you can. Warlocks are great at this because of their card draw class ability to constantly be throwing those cheap, cheap mana cost murlocs on the board.

someone, usually a warlock, builds a deck that uses most/all the murloc cards and cheap efficient cards that synergize well with them. The goal is essentially flood your side with murlocs and rush the opponent down as fast as you can. Warlocks are great at this because of their card draw class ability to constantly be throwing those cheap, cheap mana cost murlocs on the board.
Thanks to your post, my next objective is to unlock Warlock.

For those not in the know, they released this yesterday and reset the rankings. I tried it due to the free WoW mount for winning three matches and I am glad I did. It is really easy to get into and quite fun to play. I kind of like how you can see what the opponent is mousing over. It brings out the poker player in me as I find myself feinting looking over my cards or hesitating to psych them out. Not sure if it works but it makes for a fun side game for me.

Definitely looking forward to a mobile version of this.

And for those still stuck on my first paragraph where I mentioned the mount, you get it from three ranked (or casual, I think) wins. Basically, three games against human opponents. They don't have be in a row. You will get a big achievement fanfare and need to log in after. IF you have issues getting it in the mail, play one more game in Hearthstone and it should pop up (worked for me).

Anyone playing the iOS version? I just installed it tonight. Thought I might try it out tomorrow.

I picked it up this weekend. Im an avid MTG player (physical cards..) and it seemed pretty close, but a lot simpler. All in all its a good time waster, and I have been looking for one of those.. :)

Elihu and I have both sunk a few hours into Hearthstone. I won't be spending any money on the game (shock, right?) but I'd be willing to play a friendly match or three against any ToJ folks.

So i started playing this tonight. Oh my gosh it is great...I always enjoy the card battle games.

Back