Hell is south? I think not.

Grodester

So today at approximately 9a.m. PST I got to meet a hill we call "Purple Haze." This hill was approximately 150meters of shear pain. Once at the top of the hill I ask my friend this.

Me: Are we supposed to not feel our legs?"
Friend: Yes.
Me: Screw this.
Friend: Only 5 more to go.
Me: Are you sure Hell is down south?
Friend: *chuckles* Nope, you just met it my friend.
Me: Ah crap.

This is irrelevant to everything, but thought I'd inform you that you do not know pain until you have conquered this hill. Running it 5 times with the biggest incline I have ever seen and rattlesnakes staring you down was no walk in the park, not even a jog. My coach tells me that it builds character, all it built for me was huge calve muscles that will bring pain tonight at Senior Broomball LOL. Later I also told my dear friend:

Me: Finally were done.
Friend: Tweed (our coach) lied to us, we got 1 more.
Me: Well the devil is a deceitful liar.
Friend: Think of this way, once you have finished you will grow 3 chest hairs like men.
Me: I like my teenage years at 17.

In the end it was the worst 6 150xmeters I have ever been through, let alone any pain I have ever endured, but "Pain is temporary Pride is forever."

You wimp, Icthus used to have to do this everyday just to get to school, and he usually did it in the snow barefoot!

Seriously though.. that sounds painful.

I never ran X-country, but we used to run 5 miles in combat boots with a 40lb ruck sack on our backs and an M16 in our hands. I can empathize with you.

Army. I only had to do the ruck sack run twice. Both times it was in Bad Tolz, Germany, at a Special Forces base there.

When I was younger, I worked in a cube and had to do a TON of typing and mouse clicking... Sometimes it would get up to 76 degrees, other times, down to 68. My eyes would burn from looking at the monitor too long. I had to carry a sack too. It was full of sandwiches, fruit, and candy.

No way, it takes an EXTREME slacker to hang with that. But don't fear, we have faith that you have it in you, TB.

When I was younger, I worked in a cube and had to do a TON of typing and mouse clicking... Sometimes it would get up to 76 degrees, other times, down to 68. My eyes would burn from looking at the monitor too long. I had to carry a sack too. It was full of sandwiches, fruit, and candy.

and a box of Panda Express.

TREE!!!

Back