Hello, could some people please help me...

Joshinator

Christian Gamers Alliance TeamSpeak 3 Server Opera
Hey, I am not in your clan, but I will be starting world of warcraft again, and I have a decision to make about which account to play on. I currently have two accounts that I have control over. One is my original account and the other account was given to me. The decision is, should I play on my original, because I have never made a character over level 20 (that's when I quit a while back), or should I play the account that was given to me that has two level 80s, one with full Ulduar (I could create a dk on this account). It's a hard decision, because if I go with the account given to me, I feel like I may have missed something (also maybe not feeling any accomplishment). And if I go with my original account, I will have to level up 60 levels which will take me somewhere near 168 days of playing an hour a day (which is the max I have time for on the week days).

So if you could please vote on the one and give me some reasons (If you have any) that would be great.

Thanks, and have a nice day!

#1 yes you will miss some very important parts of the game and the growth of your character.

#2 you will not learn the nuances of playing your character that is only gained by leveling your character through 80 levels.

#3 instance and raids will have a learning curve because you will have to figure out what your role is and how to best play that role.

#4 all the gear, gold and possessions have much more meaning to you when you earn them your self.

I agree with pbshaver. There is something to be said about developing your own character, it becomes part of you and as it progresses, so do you.

I would take the account with the 80's on it, and create another character to level so that you can relearn the nuances of the game (even if you aren't paying the same class as one of your 80's, you'll learn about them from instances and watching other people play them). Also, you never got a character past level 20. Getting to level 20 now can take less than a week.

Imo its crazy to pass up on 80s, even if they aren't your own. However, it doesn't mean you can't make a new character that is your own.

I do agree with Pbshaver that the epics will mean more to you when you've earned them yourself, and with GP and Pbshaver that you are "closer to" your characters if they are your own.

#5..Isn't it against blizzard's terms of agreement to take over some one else's account.

That being said, you would going against your own word and integrity to be playing on someone else's account. In and of itself that is enough for me to tell you to stick with your own account. With all the ways blizzard has tweaked experience its much simpler to level up nowadays and you may find that your trip is quite quick.

#5..Isn't it against blizzard's terms of agreement to take over some one else's account.

If this is true, DO NOT USE THAT ACCOUNT!!!

If it is not true, take the level 80s. You can research how to play them on forums, etc. Just don't go to end-game raids until you are thorougly familiar with their abilities, responsibilities, etc. Just because you have the gear to be in a specific raid doesn't mean you are ready for it.

I would also caution against using an account that you did not start, and I will add this reason to the already better reasons stated - An account that was given can be taken back at anytime. You would lose anything you had gained on that account - it would probably feel alot like being hacked, except you have zero chance of getting anything back.

yep I figured that in. I gave the account back to him btw. I figured if he went weird for some reason (you never know, he isn't christian and I don't know him in person) all he has to do is prove I'm not him.

Would be a huge bummer to spend a ton of time only to see it go away in a split second....Good choice.

Honestly, it is so easy to lvl in wow now, you will be at lvl 60 in 3 wks if you dont push it..if you push it , you could be lvl 80 in a month easy...

Rhys is correct

4.B. You may permanently transfer all of your rights and obligations under the License Agreement to another only by physically transferring the original media (e.g., the CD-ROM or DVD you purchased), all original packaging, and all Manuals or other documentation distributed with the Game; provided, however, that you permanently delete all copies and installations of the Game in your possession or control, and that the recipient agrees to the terms of this License Agreement. The transferor (i.e., you), and not Blizzard, agrees to be solely responsible for any taxes, fees, charges, duties, withholdings, assessments, and the like, together with any interest, penalties, and additions imposed in connection with such transfer.

So you are allowed to give the game to someone if you include all disks etc and you delete the software off of your computer. (does not state anything about deleting characters etc)

i haven't played wow for a couple of years now,which iam still praying to God that they will bring high speed internet to the area i moved to,well anyway that is old news.I think you should level up your own characters that way you will have earned everything you will have achieved.

It's the race/journey that makes crossing the finish line fullfilling. (Crossing is the iceing on the cake) And you can have just as much fun in deadmines as you can in end game content (with the right group attitude wise and lvl wise) In fact on a few runs I've had more fun in stockaids then I've had playing end-game.

Back