Hello!

*AKA*Jester

wow, this place is pretty awesome. i was just doing a google search for halflife blueshift screenies, and i stumbled across this site. i must say, i think this has to be one of the coolest tings ive ever seen. i myself being a christian am pleased to see this sort of community. im an avid gamer, mostly half life mods and the such, i play mostly TFC, or Team Fortess Classics for those that dont know the acronym. i was reading over the reviews and i thought it was great that there is a christian perspective in there. adds another level to a game review that i havent seen before.

Ill tell you all a little about myself. Im 20 years old, and am atteding Roberts Weslyan College in Rochester NY. i am going to be a junior there in the fall. its a small Christian school, only about 1500 or so students. I also play paintball when i get a chance, i was apart of a paintball ministry team a couple years back, so whenever i play i wear the shirt from that, it has a verse rom corinthians on it that usually has people comin up to me and sharing their faith as well. its really cool to be playin and have people talk with you about their faith walk and such.

well like i said, im an avid player of TFC, i am a member of a guild known as *AKA* unlike your typical CS or TFC clans, with their military ranks, and the high numbers of ignorant gamers that spew hatred and stupidity from their keyboards, *AKA* is about respect. a new way of gaming where people of any age can come together and have fun playing the game without the presence of swearing, racial comments, obcsenitites of any sort, and the general cesspool of chat normally found in servers. with 200+ members we are a strong organization and we are always growing. we have many Teams within the organization as well. we have two tems that compete in leageus such as TFL. we have a Counter Strike team thats preparing to enter into match play. we have an internal sniper guild known as -=E=-which is composed of a handful of teams. and also a competetive sniper team known as HA. There are 6 admins that have the main run of the show and 5 junior admins that assist them. there are also a few dozen Rcon that police the servers and remove any players that are disrespectful or just plain swearing their heads off. we keep the game as clean as possible. I myself am an Rcon and i do my part to keep the servers we have clean. we do have kids that play and i dont want them to be exposed to that sort of garbage.

i invite you all to come and take a look at our website, soon were moving to a new provider and more space but it will be the same url.

www.classicaka.com

i must tell you that this is not a strictly christian organization, we have members from everywalk of life that come together to game in a clean environment. many members are believers but its not focused on religious beleifes, just on the way of gaming.

well i have to go, i would like to give props to the admins here for creating this type of community in the gaming world. keep up the good work, youll probly see me around. any feedback is welcome. i look forward to meeting anyone that replys
smile.gif

Peace--*AKA*-=JESTER=-*R*

Welcome Jester!  Glad you found us!  There are clans here (Tribe of Judah and TribForce) that are focused around CS and some of the other HL games.

The HL series is one of my favorites, but I don't really play on-line.  My main on-line game is Jedi Outcast and I am in a clan something like yours.  Not specifically Christian, but several of the members are Christian.  We focus on a good, clean server and forums.  Those of us who ARE Christian are not ashamed to voice our opinion.  
smile.gif

Hope to see you back soon!

ive heard that jedi outcast is a really great game. im a star wars fan but i never got really into the games for it. perhaps ill have to give it a try and see how it is. i just recently purchased a new video card for my computer so i think i will be able to run a lot more games. right now the two main mods i play are TFC and ESF. ESF is Earths Special Forces, a dragon ball z mod that i was skeptical of at first, but it really is a good time. ill have to redownload CS and come play with yall sometime. i didnt play it b4 cuz my gfx card just wouldnt cut it, and i didnt like watching a slide show at 4 fps... it was really bad, so i spent 300 bucks to upgrade my gfx card and get windows xp upgrade. works MUCH better. can anyone tell me the ip addys of the CS servers so i can stop in sometime?

oh and i saw the forums for the trib clans, made me think that it was for the game tribes.

please excuse any spelling errors, my keyborad and i dont always agree lol.

Peace--Jman <--- other nickname i go by
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (*AKA*Jester @ Aug. 05 2003,11:11)]Im 20 years old, and am atteding Roberts Weslyan College in Rochester NY.  i am going to be a junior there in the fall.  its a small Christian school, only about 1500 or so students.
wow.gif

I go to Houghton! It looks like we're mortal enemies...hehe j/k

Welcome and glad to have you onboard! We're pretty friendly around here. Hope you agree!
God Bless!

Cheryl

Outcast is a blast. But you're better off waiting until Jedi Academy is released later this year. It's gonna be even better than Outcast.

Heh....heh...yeah, graphic cards can be a pain if they can't keep up.

Ya ever play Medal of Honor? Sounds like a game you might like.

Also, if you are Star Wars fan, you may also want to check out the upcoming Knights of the Old Republic. It's getting rave reviews for the Xbox version. It'll be released on the PC later this year.

cools, yeah my old card was horrid, so i went and bought a ge force fx 5600 256mb agp card... it pwns... it pwns so much it crashed windows ME, so then i had to go get XP! so now im starting over again lol. yeah medal of honor is teh roxorz! i have allied assault on ps2, good time it is. id like to meet some tfc players! anyone play tfc?!
tounge.gif
but so far this place is really nice, ive gotten to chat with a couple people on aim and it was great! so anyways, if yall play tfc lemme know! TFC pwns!

Peace--Jman

[b said:
Quote[/b] (*AKA*Jester @ Aug. 05 2003,3:29)]rofl!!!!
tounge.gif
   our soccer team pwns your soccer team!!
mad.gif

i don't like soccer either...but our baseball team isn't even jv and we don't have a hockey team so i have nothing else to root for lol

we dont have baseball.... we have soccer and basketball... and im a Cuse fan when it comes to college ball. anyways...

cheerios pwn!

peace--Jman

Back