Help a n00b out

DannyMeister

Tribe of Judah Unreal Tournament 3 Server Operator
So, I just bought Minecraft Java Edition, after having played Bedrock on consoles for several years. I'd like to join our ToJ server and play with a few friends on PC. Given someone with no experience playing this game on PC, but familiar with Minecraft the game in general, any tips and setup advice? I guess what I"m looking for is less about the game and mechanics (i'm already familiar with a lot of the differences between the editions) and more around the ecosystem. What things should I install, etc? Looking at the info threads about our Server, they seem maybe slightly dated as well as written for someone that already has been steeped in the Minecraft community for a while.

Thanks!

I've been playing both version on an off for 7 months, so I'm fairly new to the game. I'm learning a lot from videos and playing with people here and there. I, too, hope to join the ToJ server soon. So I too would benefit from any ins and outs that someone could supply in regards to the Java version of the game.

So, I just bought Minecraft Java Edition, after having played Bedrock on consoles for several years. I'd like to join our ToJ server and play with a few friends on PC. Given someone with no experience playing this game on PC, but familiar with Minecraft the game in general, any tips and setup advice? I guess what I"m looking for is less about the game and mechanics (i'm already familiar with a lot of the differences between the editions) and more around the ecosystem. What things should I install, etc? Looking at the info threads about our Server, they seem maybe slightly dated as well as written for someone that already has been steeped in the Minecraft community for a while.

Thanks!
First thing you should install is optifine. If you're planning on playing 1.15 you will have to wait a bit for the latest version to come out.

Back