Help finishing GW1

nassion

Is there any interest in helping others finish goals in GW1 as we prepare for GW2? I know I have a handfull of hardmode missions left, vanquishing, and titles to work on.

Absolutely...I am still having a great time in GW. I am away from my computer for a few days but I'll look for you when I get back. What do you still need to do?

Mission wise I need Gate of Pain HM/Masters in nightfall; The Frost Gate, Divinity Coast, Riverside Province, Aurora Glade, Bloodstone Fen, The Wilds, Elona Reach, Thirsty River, HM +Bonus in prophecies; Heart of the Shiverpeaks, Battledepths, Ooze pit, Assault on the Stronghold, and a lot of others in EOTN.
I still need booze, sweets, and party items.
z-keys, kurz and lux points.
5 more mini pets for HOM.
I have all 60 stones for an armbrace, but cant get to the collector.
and a few more things.

Some of us will be glad to help out with those things. I may be on later tonight - I'll look for you.

is that the one you have to vampiric across on?

[toj.cc]phantom;455252 said:
No you have to protect the Ghostly Warrior and beat 3 bosses in a row within a 10 minute time limit.

Aye, that's the one where people going for Masters usually are able to flag the Ghostly back before he triggers the wurms and spawn and are able to kill themselves, consume a corpse that is on the far side of the moat/ridge, and then rebirth the rest of the party to that side as well. From there it's normal game play.

It's shocking how quickly that came to me after not playing that mission in almost a year..

I thought I remembered that. I remember having to pass around a vampiric bow and waiting for heroes to die so they could be rezed on the other side of the ravine.

Actually there is now a 2nd method for the Dunes of Despair bonus that I've used. It works great if you have a full human team. If you have heroes it can be trickier but Ursen and I have done it successfully and I've done it a few times with full heroes.

Go thru the mission normally, but when you reach the mesmer boss that triggers the cutscene, don't kill him. Instead go around him and continue on clearing the way to the altar. Allow the ghostly hero to start the countdown then you and your team need to high tail it back to that mesmer boss and kill him. This will trigger the cutscene and move the ghostly to your location. Flag him there and he'll be safe while you kill the bonus bosses. You'll still have the 10 minute timer so hurry but it's very doable in 5 or 6 minutes.

As far as the other missions you need, just pm me here or ingame and i'll see which ones I need. I can do some of them with ya and I can help you thru a section of DOA as well. I just want to stress that I don't do runs. If that's what you want then you probably just want to pay a runner. I'll expect you to fight alongside me as part of the team.

Nope, not looking for runs. Just trying to get some cooperative play going to help the alliance finish needed game goals. (Although I will accept donations of booze, etc.:D).

Actually there is now a 2nd method for the Dunes of Despair bonus that I've used. It works great if you have a full human team. If you have heroes it can be trickier but Ursen and I have done it successfully and I've done it a few times with full heroes.

Go thru the mission normally, but when you reach the mesmer boss that triggers the cutscene, don't kill him. Instead go around him and continue on clearing the way to the altar. Allow the ghostly hero to start the countdown then you and your team need to high tail it back to that mesmer boss and kill him. This will trigger the cutscene and move the ghostly to your location. Flag him there and he'll be safe while you kill the bonus bosses. You'll still have the 10 minute timer so hurry but it's very doable in 5 or 6 minutes.

As far as the other missions you need, just pm me here or ingame and i'll see which ones I need. I can do some of them with ya and I can help you thru a section of DOA as well. I just want to stress that I don't do runs. If that's what you want then you probably just want to pay a runner. I'll expect you to fight alongside me as part of the team.

Second this, I used this method as well. It helps if you don't take a minion master, to prevent the boss from accidentally being killed by minions.

Back