Help on Shaman PvP tips(Solo)

Bringeroflight

So, what's the deal with Shaman? I'm beginning to think Shaman have a sign on their back that says free honor points.

I can't figure out how to stop an attack no matter what I do. At least as a rogue I could blind them, vanish, and run. Shamy's have no fear, no stun, no sheep, no chance...

Thoughts on a approach? Mattiah is elemental with healing overtones. :rolleyes:

earthgrab and run? heh I dunno much about pvping a shammy other than I know they somehow always kill me no matter which toon im on pvping:p

I am not a Shammy, but I am really good at PvP, and I currently suck at raiding... Not to brag (LIE!), but I took on a 70 and a 64 at the same time, and killed the 70, and almost the 64 when I was killed a by level 65 mob... :( ...and I was level 62!!!

a couple strats i use...

If i get jumped, i frost shock, drop earthbind, cast ghost wolf and run!

If it's a caster i can usually interupt most of their spells with earthshock. it's got a 5 second cooldown, and it silences them for 2 seconds.

If a rogue or warlock jumps me, i'm usually toast. Could be because i suck at pvp...

The Lightning Bolt ---> Chain Lightning ---> Earthshock spell lineup tears anyone up. If you get the jump on people and start with that, they have no chance. I ususally do between 5 and 9K damage with those three spells. And because lightning bolt has to "travel" to the target, and chain lightning and earthshock are both instant, all 3 spells hit at exactly the same time, so they have no time to react. I can ususally get another lightning bolt off before they notice. If lightning capacitor or lightning overload proc, the number can get even higher.

Don't know if any of that helps, but we can chat more in game!

I do well in pvp vs. Shamans if I get the jump first but like Tree said those 3 spell combos hurt like mad and usually kill the average Pvper especially if they crit.

shamans are fun to fight on my rogue i have target of target on so i can see who is looking at me and casting at the same time! i usually CoS when i see that deadly combo go up i think on the inside they die a little when i resist all of that... but yah if im myspacing while i pvp every gets the jump on me...

a couple strats i use...

If i get jumped, i frost shock, drop earthbind, cast ghost wolf and run!

If it's a caster i can usually interupt most of their spells with earthshock. it's got a 5 second cooldown, and it silences them for 2 seconds.

If a rogue or warlock jumps me, i'm usually toast. Could be because i suck at pvp...

The Lightning Bolt ---> Chain Lightning ---> Earthshock spell lineup tears anyone up. If you get the jump on people and start with that, they have no chance. I ususally do between 5 and 9K damage with those three spells. And because lightning bolt has to "travel" to the target, and chain lightning and earthshock are both instant, all 3 spells hit at exactly the same time, so they have no time to react. I can ususally get another lightning bolt off before they notice. If lightning capacitor or lightning overload proc, the number can get even higher.

Don't know if any of that helps, but we can chat more in game!

Well, at least that would give me a chance, so to speak. At this point I usually just sit there and wait till they are done with me. It really takes away from the game right now. I hate giving away free HP.

My only encouragement is that Shamy's can do some incredible damage in a short amount of time and we can do decent healing too.

yea, 1v1 was never designed for shamans (shamen? shaman? what's the plural?)

Anyways, As elemental you've got to burst down your guy like crazy. What Tree said was an example, but it gets easier if you've got the right spec.

Nature's Swiftness makes alot of things go nuts. What I see in most pvp shaman cast sequence is a lightning bolt and than a crazy macroed chain lightning which looks like this.

/stopcasting
/cast 13 ----------> (activates your top trinket, 14 for the bottom, icon of the silver crescent for best results :) )
/stopcasting
/cast Elemental Mastery
/stopcasting
/cast Nature's Swiftness
/stopcasting
/cast Chain Lightning

I think this is the correct macro, I'll have to check on it again. But when you use it, it'll activate your trinket, elemental mastery, nature's swiftness, and chain lightning all instantly. It's a good finisher in Arena's.

As for totems:

Casters you'll need grounding and searing totem. searing will help push back their casts and grounding is good. tremor totem for priests and warlock fears (nerf locks pls). Earth shock casts when you can, especially fear. Not much you can do about dots except heal through them for a bit. Try and trick them with gift of naaru first to draw out counterspell/spell lock, then go for Lesser healing wave.

Rogues, poison cleansing totem and earthbind. The key to rogues are mostly using instant casts if possible. Keep both these totems up, lightning shield up and shock him to death. If you can build some distance you can go for chain lightning. It's a hard fight against a rogue but if they get too low they can't touch you with your lightning shield up unless they use cloak of shadows or something that will help them resist magic.

Every other class I haven't had a whole bunch of trouble with except rogues and locks (nerf locks pls :) )

That's usually how elemental rolls, but I use my drums of panic if they try to open on me.

But all are situational, don't try and blow all of your burst in the first second out of panic, especially if they've got good pvp gear. Bring them down enough that you can without using your cd's if possible while also staying alive.

270907174_8684c20b94.jpg

Be aggressive or defensive when it's appropriate. :)

Last edited:
Back