HELP WANTED:For very important mission.

Malohaut

I need the help and advice of someone who is very familiar with the Warcraft world / series for a very important project I'm working on.

What is it that you are working on? Maybe posting some information generate idea's or solutions from more then one person?

I've played WC2 & Expansion, WC3 & Expansion and WoW. I know quite a bit about the history of Warcraft, but not all.

I've played some of Warcraft 1, beaten Warcraft 2 and the expansion and beaten Warcraft 3 and the expansion, as well as playing World of Warcraft as you know. I've also read the first of the three books in the War of the ancients trilogy which was pretty good. I know quite a bit about the story but it's been a while and my memory is pretty foggy.

If you are looking for a complete run down on the history you may want to check out the story page it has a pretty accurate break down of the hole series and can be found at http://worldofwarcraft.com/info/story/.

At first, I didn't want to share this idea openly because I didn't want to get anybody's hopes up if I wasn't able to be successful. But I feel more confident and am more than willing to ask for help with this project.

I want to start preaching in WoW, especially since the religions aren't deeply defined by Blizzard. But in order for me to be successful as well as keep ourselves clean from the ToS, I'll need to better understand what is known about the existing Pantheon or Titans or Old Gods or whatever. The better I can understand what's there, the better I can elevate the one true God, the Word, and the Light above them all. And the better I can reliably preach with my priest, and not only keep out of some trouble, but also to maybe attract a few hearts here and there.

Whaddya think?

If you're doing it on a PvP server, the phrase "throwing your pearls to swine" comes to mind.

If it's on a RP server (where it would be more likely to be taken seriously and appreciated), you'll probably end up getting a lot of negative in-character reactions, especially from Night Elves. Plus people will think you're just role-playing, and probably won't apply it to their real life. Just a few things to consider.

P.S. The Holy Light is an impersonal force, so that might conflict with your idea of a loving personal God.

hehe. Perhaps Maxx, but “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick."

True that its not a role playing server, but the game design as well as Blizzard encourages role play. So I don't think anyone would see a problem with me role-playing my character.

I won't be using Malohaut the elvin druid to preach, but Chivah the human priest. So that should give my character a little more credibility. And if the elves want to stick with their goddess instead, that is their choice, and their fate. :)

Plus people will think you're just role-playing, and probably won't apply it to their real life.

That is a very valid and true point. Fortunatly, I have had some experience doing this in Dark Ages of Camelot. I want people to think I'm role-playing to disguise the fact that I'm really trying to attract hearts and preach God. In Camelot, I attracted new members to the guild, and was even able to answer questions of strangers and counsel others. Its an amazing method of opening doors and hearts and attracting people and questions. And from personal experience, I can testify to its success. Even if a person hears it and just pushes it aside, they've heart it! And that seed is now in them. :) Might raise questions for them later down the line.

It has been suggested to me that I go the Martin Luther approach. Teach the corruption of the church and try to bring truth back to the people: to preach that the power behind the Light is really God, the one true God. Maybe, I could also explain other gods as illusions set forth by demons, fallen angels of the heavenly kingdom. I'm still pondering and praying over these things now.

But those are excellent things to keep in mind, and keep those questions coming!

Bear in mind that the Titans (angels with creative power) defeated the "old gods" which were evil. So if you refer to God or gods, people will think you are talking about an evil entity.

action>words

what are you doing to show your witness you can spew all the letters and 0 and 1's you want but what it comes down to does the person feel warm and welcomed when they group/talk to you. what is your reputation among your alliance? things to ask yourself remember openly preaching or anything can get a GM ticket and possible supsenssion/ban not trying to discourage you just stating the truth.

Matthew 5 : 10-12 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

I will continue to be of help to all people, to give freely of my time, my money, my knowledge, and my possessions. For it is of this love that comes the greatest of ministries. That is the first and most important step I will take in being a light to others: by my actions and my fruits.

Next, I will role play my character as a priest who preaches God, the power behind the Light, and the creator of all. The titans, if asked, could be the angelic host with the old gods and false gods as deceptions of the fallen angels. It will be a ministry preaching the confusion of the church like Martin Luthur, the preaching of the kingdom of God like John the Baptist, and the going out and preaching people to love one another as well as to love a God who loves them like Paul. I will most certainly use tact in this, after all, Jesus did say in Matthew 10:16 "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves." And with my experience in Camelot, I will be able to better judge when to say what and when not to overdo it.

And hey, if I get a scolded from a GM, I'll plead role playing; and if I get kicked for ministering, then I will consider that a great honor. I'm willing to walk for Christ. Yes, I'm not using the word Christ, but I will do what I can to bring His light to people. Even in game.

Chivah Preaching in a Pagan Temple

Malo when I started writing I took it like this

Paul did not address the roots of the house of aphrodite or any of the other 'gods" he ran into. because , They did not matter. only the one true GOD does.

That was the challge I had in WOW was the TOS, If I got kicked for preaching the Bible to the CHRISTAIN GUILD i was in, then who cares. But it seemed to be a wall a few in the guild did not was to actively pursue.

I will do my best to reestablish DOAC and our sermons there. If you need encouragement We can pick a place and a time and we can Hold a sermon where ever you want in WOW, the most that can happen is they will boot us only after warning us, and we'll head back to cammy!

I think if we're respectful but firm and steadfast in our FAITH we could lead a few to Lord! and besides the worst is we become WOW martyars

But I think if we gather and have sermons, who would really be so blod. We are the ones who should be bold. We have the word of God Almighty!

just my 2 cents

Last edited:
I looked at that picture Malohaut, and all I can see is Paul standing in the middle of the town square saying to effect, you have a statue to an unknown god...

Thank you. Seeing that lifted my spirits :)

I am very proud of you guys! I am in hopes you will share your sermons in the forum area. Please do not allow anyone to discourage you. The Word of God will not come back void, and if you speak it without the verse numbers, or even saying the Bible says...whose to know? Via the net, your words may very well outlive you! My prayers are with you and all who witness in game. May God richly bless you both today, and always.

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. II Timothy 4:2

Amen LOJ! I love that! It is just as important to walk the walk as it is to talk the talk! :) May God make us all a sermon in shoes!

Back