Help with my art ideas!

Sheckle

So I said I'd do some works over the summer but lately I've been quite overwhelmed at all I could do so I haven't done anything. I want to start gearing my portfolio towards gaming and concept art. Starting with WoW what do you guys think would be some cool scenes to depict? I'm probably going to start with Alexstrasza since she's just plain AWESOME. Give me ideas! I'll see if I can do some sketches and have ya'll critique and edit before I do it for real :)

I think a painting of Mordos would be the sweetness... hehe... Like Mordos tanking Nef.

How about the Lich King in the intro where he slams his sword into the ground.

A great battle scene at Gnomeregan with me and Cryo riding into the heat of it with all our engineering gadgets and bombs.

Do it!

there are alot of scenes that are epic to choose from

- Destruction of the World Tree from Hyjal
- Hellscream's kamikaze against Mannaroth
- The final battle between Arthas and Illidan
- The formation of the Dragon Soul
- Anything with the Sunwell

and alot of other things. If it's Alexstraza you want to do first than you can draw either the creation of the Dragon Soul or the aftermath of the Wrathgate are probably her 2 biggest scenes.

How about a male, night elf Shadow Priest and a female Draenei Shaman...holding hands, skipping through a field of roses. NO, running to one another on a beach at sunset. Or even, drinking the same chocolate milkshake with two straws.../sigh....yes...

Or some other cool moments like, High Inquisitor Whitemane ressurecting Mograine. Easily titled "Arise, My Champion"

The nearly tearjerking (if you played W3) scene of Maiev Shadowsong kneeling in victory after helping you defeat Illidan.

Something involving a face looking past the "camera," most likely off into the horizon at his/her next undertaking.

Or, if you want to move away from WoW...I know Bill is a Final Fantasy fan like myself and there is a myriad of amazing scenes to depict from that. Like...

Painting Kuja from FFIX would help to show some versatility if you could show his effeminate traits yet maintain his masculinity, all while keeping the somewhat cartoonish look of the game.

The scene of the clouds rolling back and the cherry blossoms bursting into the air as Rinoa holds up Squall's head from the ending credits of FFVIII

Me eating a bowl of clam chowder

Garland, knocking us all down

Anything involving Terra from FFVI. /sigh....ahhhh...:)

Lightning from FFXIII because she is SO FREAKING INTENSE!!!!!

...or Goodwone, Sandric, Mcfierce, Shadowbill, Tots, Kristeen, Pneumatikos, Kutluch, Pianoforte, and Samboe staring down The Lich King with our weapons drawn, looking awesomer than can be imagined.

A murloc with an icecream cone.

A Night Elf and an Orc fighting over a flag in WSG?

Dradow with an icecream cone. ( with sprinkles )

Ummm a gnome being eaten by a nightsaber...Or you could just paint a Night Elf on a Nightsaber ( Cause NE's Are the best )

Or you could paint a redeemed sign with like...Alliance characters and stuff...

So I said I'd do some works over the summer but lately I've been quite overwhelmed at all I could do so I haven't done anything. I want to start gearing my portfolio towards gaming and concept art. Starting with WoW what do you guys think would be some cool scenes to depict? I'm probably going to start with Alexstrasza since she's just plain AWESOME. Give me ideas! I'll see if I can do some sketches and have ya'll critique and edit before I do it for real :)

If you want to go for gaming you'll want to get yourself a wacom and learn to digitally paint if you haven't already (Oh my wacom how I 3> thee) . Also this site is imo where all the best game artists hang out. Sigh, if I was only as good as they but one day... :) .

if you're a student you can get maya for free for a year...it's a 3D modeling program and industry standard... =D

How about a male, night elf Shadow Priest and a female Draenei Shaman...holding hands, skipping through a field of roses. NO, running to one another on a beach at sunset. Or even, drinking the same chocolate milkshake with two straws.../sigh....yes...

Or some other cool moments like, High Inquisitor Whitemane ressurecting Mograine. Easily titled "Arise, My Champion"

The nearly tearjerking (if you played W3) scene of Maiev Shadowsong kneeling in victory after helping you defeat Illidan.

Something involving a face looking past the "camera," most likely off into the horizon at his/her next undertaking.

Or, if you want to move away from WoW...I know Bill is a Final Fantasy fan like myself and there is a myriad of amazing scenes to depict from that. Like...

Painting Kuja from FFIX would help to show some versatility if you could show his effeminate traits yet maintain his masculinity, all while keeping the somewhat cartoonish look of the game.

The scene of the clouds rolling back and the cherry blossoms bursting into the air as Rinoa holds up Squall's head from the ending credits of FFVIII

Me eating a bowl of clam chowder

Garland, knocking us all down

Anything involving Terra from FFVI. /sigh....ahhhh...:)

Lightning from FFXIII because she is SO FREAKING INTENSE!!!!!

...or Goodwone, Sandric, Mcfierce, Shadowbill, Tots, Kristeen, Pneumatikos, Kutluch, Pianoforte, and Samboe staring down The Lich King with our weapons drawn, looking awesomer than can be imagined.

Final Fantasy...for the nth time it will still be the Final Fantasy! lol

PF - how many shots of espresso did you have in that latte???

Back