Help?

XionTawa

Well, I finally finished downloading the game...and one thing caught me off guard... How do I start a private game? ...and please please please tell me there is a way to play a private game... :confused:

EDIT: I also don't see any LAN options :mad:

EDIT 2: I also don't find the ToJ server on the server list under either "Christian" or "Tribe" when searching...

Last edited:
ToJ BC2 server IP is 68.232.182.155:19567.

Click here for real-time server info.

EDIT: I'm still downloading BC2 so I can't help answer your other questions yet. :(

Last edited:
ToJ BC2 server IP is 68.232.182.155:19567.

Click here for real-time server info.

EDIT: I'm still downloading BC2 so I can't help answer your other questions yet. :(

I have not seen a way to search by IP, nor put in an IP...

Anyways...I am pretty sure there is NO LAN support, nor private games...however, I think I am over being upset about that...and after playing what little I got to play, I had a pretty good time getting my butt kicked, and am very happy with this $7 purchase... :)

I have not seen a way to search by IP, nor put in an IP...
Weird. It seems major FPS studios are hellbent on taking the user experience backwards instead of forward. But at least it can't be as bad as Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops.

Anyways...I am pretty sure there is NO LAN support, nor private games...
BECAUSE LAN SUPPORT = PIRACY!

/me grabs torch and pitchfork

No, not really. But major studios (including Blizzard) seem determined to cling to that idea.

Want to play SC2 at your LAN party? Going to have to connect every computer in the convention center/garage to a network with an Internet connection, share that 1.5MB/s downstream connection among 10 to 100 users, and pray that Battle.net doesn't crash. Internet connection just dropped? Well, you'll have to load the game's 12-year old predecessor instead.

</rant>

But no, I'm not surprised there's no LAN support in BC2.

May I suggest Half-Life 1 deathmatch on stock maps for LAN instead? No, I'm not kidding. HL1DM is one of the most fun games to play on a LAN EVER.

</offtopic>

Getting ready to configure my settings and take the game for a test spin this afternoon.

I loaded up BC2 today, discovered I had to set my video detail to Low for an acceptable frame rate, and was unable to find the ToJ BC2 server through the server search.

But then I typed the word "kill" in the search (figuring that some server somewhere has to have "kill" in the title) and it returned 0 results. So I think the server search function is currently broken.

Is it wrong for me to skip Tek's rants now these days? :p

Searched last night, couldn't find it either. @_@

I loaded up BC2 today, discovered I had to set my video detail to Low for an acceptable frame rate, and was unable to find the ToJ BC2 server through the server search.

But then I typed the word "kill" in the search (figuring that some server somewhere has to have "kill" in the title) and it returned 0 results. So I think the server search function is currently broken.

I prefer to search "noob" it brings up a ton of results, and lots of fun... And pressing enter does not search... :p ...but really...after being upset and angry at the game...I played it for a little while last night...and am finding myself right now, wanting to play more...but I have important stuff to do before I can play...like get the MC server back up and running :p

I submitted a support ticket to GameServers.com and they were quick to fix the problem.

Our server now appears in the master server list again. You can also search using "Tribe" or "Christian" and find the server that way.

I submitted a support ticket to GameServers.com and they were quick to fix the problem.

Our server now appears in the master server list again. You can also search using "Tribe" or "Christian" and find the server that way.

WOOT! I am in a good mood now :)

Back