heroic mech what works and doesnt

rhysj

So far we have done heroic mech 4 times.

Herre is what works, pallytank and proct tank, pally heals on arcan e bots, proct dps any other time if theey are high enough I ran at 350 dps my lowest as a tank, but hey.

A hunter and warlock seem to be a must but we did it without a warlock tonight but the pally held all the bombers.

The hunter not only for traps in the reg fights but to help mana rreg when u are not resetting the battles on to the last boss.

NOw what dont work ,

fightingthe woman, have yet to get her below 30% can someone give us ideas what to do.

Last edited:
In my experience on her you need ranged DPS that can move around or at least DoT while moving.
a mage, shadow priest, and lock are good to have.
Also for healing I'd recommend a druid or priest as they can move while casting heals.

Rhys, I have been there a few times. first of all I would like to point out an obvious way to make that place easier -- bringing a warlock. They can banish AND enslave, thats two mobs (demon mobs anyway) not to mention their dps is pretty handy.

The times I have done mech, I have not had the leisure of playing with a lock. The group make up was a shadow priest (with healing gear) a holy pally, a hunter, mage and myself. The pros and cons to having two healers is it puts a lot of strain on one main dpser, stuff takes longer to go down = more mana used = more chance you might die. the pro is that you have a reliable back up heal source. The bomb dude who sends out different charges is not difficult if you get the positioning right, you tank him on the ledge of the steps.

oh btw. the shadow priets are also nice to have for the MC. If you want a pretty reliable easy run, try getting a lock and a shadow priest. It should be fun and easy.

I have yet to see her fall in heroic, but it seems to me that if everybody brought some decent fire resist gear for just that encounter, the next to last boss would be easy.

Agree that a warlock makes much of heroic mech easier. With Mike playing his lock (Gnownage), we let him solo pull those groups of bomb-throwing demons. The non-elites are enslaveable, and the elites are banishable. He enslaves the non-elites one at a time and lets the other ones kill them. Then the rest of us join in when the non-elites are gone. A warlock is also very good at maintaining DPS while on the move, which is nice on the next to last boss.

I've been to Hmech a few times and have yet to down the Nethermancer. I do think she would be a easy fight if all things went our way. The biggest problem I see is the dragon breath(disorient). She drops aggro, which makes it hard to live let alone dps. It's also pretty hard to stay away from the adds because they move at normal speed now. Healing through them isn't that bad until Nethermancer switch's targets. Maybe with 2 tanks it would be easier but until then it's a matter of luck.

Just saw a comment on wowhead that using 2 tanks on her works well. That's to deal with her aggro wipes - she'll always be on a tank. Whoever has an elemental aggroed stands still and lets it hit them (because they don't hit very hard) until it starts to hellfire, then they quickly move out of the hellfire. This cuts down a lot on the amount of fire trails left behind the elementals all over the room.

This sounds like an interesting technique to try, if we happen to have an off-tank in the group.

Never been there..just to point out in case you didn't notice..binding heals are very low threat..might help the healer not to gain aggro.

Back