Hey people please comment!

CCGR

the new CCGR lets you comment on the news and reviews, please sign up for free and speak up!

Yeah! The comment feature is SO cool! I've already been adding some. It's fun! You get to share your opinions and possibly different viewpoints on a game.

...and once you sign up, go to a review. On the left side is an option to add your own comments! Go for it! This is so cool. I can't wait to read what other people have to say.

Awesome! I'm really glad that you guys put in such a great feature as this!
smile.gif

Well, here I am, finished with my first new review for the revised CCGR. And, guess what? I have no idea how to use the system to rate the reviews! Please, please, tell me the formula! PLEASE! I'm begging you! I need to get that up onto the site!

On a lighter note, is there any way for there to be a filtering system, if, and when, some buffoon decides to post curse words?

yeah there is a bad language filter.

here is how I use the letter grades

A=4
B=3
C=2
D=1
F=0
+/-=.25

add up the points and divide by the number or review catagories (in my case 6 game play, sound, graphics, interface, stability, and appropriateness)

the number you have there is the %

To rate an existing review you need to log into the side using the member panel on the right, read a review and an option to rate/comment on it is on the left

Oh, nothing much. I had recently bought the new version of Madden, so I am posting that. Are there any problems with that? I hope not. It took me a little while.

smile.gif
That's absolutely fine that you're putting a Madden review up
smile.gif
It just seemed as if it was a little secretive
smile.gif
Maybe I was just in a crazy mood when I posted that.

I'm always interested to hear what people think of the new football games as I can never decide which to get, if I even deem it important enough to get the new year's version
smile.gif

Well, sorry if I was being secretive. I didn't mean to be. Really. I will tell everyone the reviews I plan to do. Or maybe we should add this section the site that says 'Upcoming Reviews' and then lists the game title and the reviewer. I don't know. It just seems that it might...reduce confusion and...er, disappointment...yeah...that's what I meant to say...

CCGR, your new web site is pretty good and easy to
use but you need to get more files to download if
you can.

Caleb: Well, she's got unlimited space, so I am sure many files will be on there.  Do you have any requests?

iamscott: I don't think you need to be so edgy, he was just asking what review you were going to do.

Drew has a good point about posting reviews in process so people are not spending lots of time writing a review only to find out it's posted 20 min before!

let me know what files you want us to put up. I've been doing requests.

Tom, let me know what files you were planning on uploading.

I would just host them myslef and put them on CCGR, but I don't want to overload my bandwidth quite yet
smile.gif

Here's what I want to upload for you:

Videos:

Waverace Blue Storm
Wario World
Unreal 2003
Tron 2.0 Trailer
Tron 2.0 Trailer - Firewall Video
Splinter Cell
Soul Calibur II GC Intro Movie
SimCity 4
Star Wars Rogue Squadron III
Rayman 3
Pikmin 2
Mario Party 5
C&C Generals
SpyHunter
SSX 3 (awesome video!!)

Demos:

Rich Diamond
Midtown Madness 2
AoE 2
AoE 2 Expansion

Thats it. It totals up to about 300MB.

I think Drew has a good point regarding "upcoming reviews". That's the reason I recently posted the thread asking what everyone is planning to review.

Ok, here's the deal:

Tom, you MUST check and make sure that the videos and demos you are planning on posting are not copyrighted. Since the website is now under the radar of many game publishers (thanks, in no small part, to yours truly), there can be possible legal consequences for copyrighted stuff. We really don't need that.

Here's something for the newsletter:

Give this code to Tom Nook in Animal Crossing:

4UF6T948GZ3ZW3
dw#%jtLEqj5ZBf

This code is case-sensitive.

In Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2, try doing a special trick through a camera to unlock a cool hidden outfit.

In unrelated news, I have a couple new reviews in the works:

The Simpsons: Hit and Run
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3: Rebel Strike (preview)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2
Stronghold (PC)

Here are the reviews I would like to do for upcoming games:

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3: Rebel Strike
James Bond 007 in Everything or Nothing
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Gladius
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
XIII
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

Hope thats cool with everyone.