Hi There :D

Well, I do like Cats but my allergies don't. And my kids have had a couple of rats and actually, I think they made great pets. They were 'smarter' then guinea pigs and hamsters. They say you can train them to do anything a dog can do. Catakou's was a nippy little fellow. We didn't much like him, by the actions I'd say the feeling was mutual. Soka's would sit on his shoulder and watch television with him.

And there you go - some common ground. :cool:

I've read that book with an entire class in the 9th grade ;), and saw the movie. It was cute, and sad at the same time. I felt more sorry for Charly than Algernon; didn't care much for rodents back then. Now, if you want to watch a disturbing movie containing rodents, watch Willard >:D

@Zippy Aww :D, lucky. I had some rats for a time, but they died from stupid parasites :(. Now I live with my 5 dogs and 3 cats. Hehe, I remember my rat Crystal would always want to cuddle with me, and would climb my leg when doing laundry just to sit on my shoulder. They sure are awesome pets.

From reading your bio on your link sounds like you've had it pretty rough.

Nah, nothing that rough, people have had it rougher and every bit of it has brought me closer to God or matured my walk. Everything is a learning experience. And honestly, given the opportunity, knowing where I and my boys are right now, I probably wouldn't change much of it.

People say everything happens for a reason, but as I've thought through that, I think that when we become Christians, God gives everything a reason for happening. Even our own stupid mistakes, if we are walking with him and our motives are pure, He gives them a reason for happening.

Thanks for reading my bio. Take a peek at a few of my blogs. Some of them made me go WOW! lol I don't take credit for those one, I am nothing more than a pen in God's hands. :) Those ones tend to be my favorites, such as these, check them out if you have some time:

Essentials for living:
Please pass the salt
Rose colored glasses
What's love got to do, got to do with it?

Ok y'all if it's tears and mice ya want read the old science fiction short story Flowers for Algernon, or watch the movie Charly based on it. Cliff Robertson is really, really good in Charly. Watch the spelling if you are going to look it up on Netflix, Charlie is a totally different movie. The spelling is Charly.

I'll def check it out on Netfix!! Not sure if I read the book or not. TY!

Oh! What day? I'm A DATE
/cough

Probably not a good idea to post your date of birth on the forums.

Just sayin',
Your Friendly Neighborhood Security Nut

@Zippy yeah :), I know that feeling (not wanting to change things all things considered.) Glad to know that your trials brought you closer to God; I feel sad when someone goes through a bad time and they blame God for it, then they renounce their faith :(.

I believe God has a plan and desire for all of us, and as soon as we allow him into our lives, he's able to work in it ;). Much like how the prophets went through in the past (Abraham, Moses, er King David). But yes :). Hehe, recently, I failed my written driving test 3 times, and I was real bummed down because I kinda prayed to God to help me. But didn't blame God and instead said thy will be done. Then, yesterday, I went to retake the test for the fourth time, and I saw there a girl I used to talk lots with in high school (also had a crush on XD). I was so happy to see her again, and I passed the driving test that day too :D. So, if I passed it the previous time, I wouldn't of been able to see her again. So, whether that was God's reason for letting me fail the test or not, I still thanked him for letting me see her. He certainly works in mysterious ways.

Alright :D, I'll try. God Bless.

Why not XD? I understand for other websites but I trust there isn't a stalker or rapist in a Christian forum. :D
The issue is that these forums are open to the public and date of birth is one of the pieces of information commonly cited in identity theft.

It's probably security paranoia, but that's just how I roll.

Okay :D, I understand where you're coming from. I usually tell my age and keep my name a secret other than my profile name, but I only figured since this is a Christian group....well, yeah ;). Still, this'll be the last time I give it out on here. Promise. Well, unless its in a private message to someone I trust

Ok y'all if it's tears and mice ya want read the old science fiction short story Flowers for Algernon, or watch the movie Charly based on it. Cliff Robertson is really, really good in Charly. Watch the spelling if you are going to look it up on Netflix, Charlie is a totally different movie. The spelling is Charly.

Good story & great movie! It's been over 25 years since I've watched it.

I am crying in JOY and Praising Jesus!! JUST finished Chronicles of Narnia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our God is AWESOME! All I can say is Thank You LORD over and over <3

C.S. Lewis' writings are some of my favorite from his fiction to his apologetic books like "Mere Christianity" which is an awesome read...also his whole series in that collection is good to..."The Abolition of Man" and the "Problem of pain". :)

Back