Hmm Microphone and Soundcard problem?

Flashon

Heres my problem. whenever I am on Windows, or using other recording players, my voice is excellent. However, when i go into CS, my vocie is either screwy, buggin, or flashing. My headset is Plantronics .Audio90, and soundcard is Creative Audigy Gamer. Que suggested i turn off the internet sharing, but didn't work. Firewall was turned off, and i'm practically out of solutions. HELP!

to get the sound to work rite in cs, you need to mess around with you audio input volumes and properties to find a mix that is rite for your mic, sound card, and overall system, and after getting it set up, you can get some pretty decent sound input in cs and other HL mods. There is no quick fix to this, sry.

Alright, i'll try it, Thanks for the info though, now i don't hav to scour the whole place looking blindly for answers
biggrin.gif

I have the SB Audigy Gamer as well.  (Gamer means nothing, it simply has to do with the bundled software me thinks).  And updated to the new drivers (new in November 2003) fixed alot of long standing problems I've had, including mic probs.

Oh, hey. Happy birthday flash. Maybe you'll get a visit from the dancing bday bear. LOL

always make sure you have the newest drivers, altho most of the time there is no noticable performane increase, but you can gain some stability. I used to run CS on my old onboard AC '97, but i havent played it since ive got my new SB Audigy gamer a few months back, and yes, its only called gamer because it comes bundled with 2 games and some other utilities not included with the standard edition.

Yeh the dancing bear did visit me in my dreams. It said it was going to put me in a cake and eat me. Im NOT JOKING!.
tounge.gif
i'll update the driver then. Thanks.

Back