Hockey 2009-2010 Season!

blackgravity

16 DAYS AWAY!

Who do you like?

Are you seeing any games?

Do you feel bad for STC since his Sharks picked up Drama Heatley?

Let's go Jackets :D

Calgary Flames have put together another exciting team to watch with a focus on defense. I'm hoping that works.

The last time the Flames were in town, we beat them 5-0

:D

A Calgary fan called in a death threat on Steve Mason that night:eek:

Edit: there were also misconducts given for an after the whistle brawl. it was fun.

Is this a "if you don't support the CBJ, I'll find a way to bash your team" thread? If it is, I'll just delete my post.

No it's not at all. Pretty sure Calgary beat the Jackets down all season long.

Edit: I do apologize if I came across that way though.

Last edited:
Sooooo, what is it that the CBJ's are doing this year that is exciting? What have they done in the off season, what moves have they made and what do they mean to you?

- I really have no idea how the Flames do against any specific team. I watch them to see how they play, yell at the zebra's when they make stupid calls, complain that the coach doesn't make better decisions, argue with the players over their decisions, cheer when we get a goal, boo and hiss when the other team gets a goal, leave happy when my team gets more goals then the other, leave complaining about how rigged the league is when the other team gets more goals then my team and how Beckman is completely is out of the loop about small Canadian markets.

Last edited by a moderator:
16 DAYS AWAY!

Who do you like?

Are you seeing any games?

Do you feel bad for STC since his Sharks picked up Drama Heatley?

Let's go Jackets :D

hey now!! I'm pretty sure Sharks can eat Jackets! NOM NOM NOM. And the Sharks need someone who can score their own goals. With Thornton passing the puck to everyone, and Heatley scoring his own goals, should make a great top line.

Anyways. I've been so excited for this month (and October). Slowly counting down the days before I can break out all my sharks paraphernalia. I'm thinking Oct 1 (1st game) I'll bring out the jersey.

Peon: If what you say is correct, Calgary is gonna be tough this season. They are always a team I look forward to see play against SJ, but the offense they possess now with a solid defense.. good games ;)

GO SHARKS!!!!! :D

We will see. Calgary has lacked good strong defense or the d-line had choose to rely to much on Mikka as the entire defensive core. In the off season, the GM of the Flames, Daryl Sutter, literally fired the entire coaching staff, picked up his brother from the New Jersey Devils to be the new Head Coached, hired a bunch of defensive minded assistant coaches and brought in some new defensive players at the cost of some goal scorers and play makers. I suspect Calgary is aiming to win more of those 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 games then they have been. I am looking forward to this season. Although what surprises me is the inviting of ex-Flame Theo Fluery back to training camp.

SJ is definatly an amazing defensive team. It is always a good game when the two come together.

Sooooo, what is it that the CBJ's are doing this year that is exciting? What have they done in the off season, what moves have they made and what do they mean to you?

I'm obviously pretty stoked about Rick Nash extending his contract long-term, that takes a great deal off the team's back for now.

While I'm really not familiar with Mathieu Garon, it's a good thing they got a backup or two for Mase, just because last year was pretty brutal on him and it showed at the end of the season.

Having Derick Brassard back in the fold is going to be good (he was leading the team in goals last year until he got hurt) and I'm excited to see what the rookies from last year will be doing this year.

Ken Hitchcock and Scott Howson both seem to be taking the team in the right direction, and Hitch said it best, they want to chase Detroit.

The central division is gonna be pretty interesting this year, while I don't think trading Khabibulin, letting Martin Havlat go, and signing Marian Hossa to that RIDICULOUS contract was smart, they're still going to be a force in the West I think.

The Jackets seem to be really focused on making sure they are picking up/keeping players who work well under Hitch's system, and getting rid of those who don't.

Their powerplay needs some improvement, but they've already made their #1 PP line public (Nash, Umberger, Brassard, Huselius, and I believe Klesla). It's going to be an exciting year in town here, because they've really done a lot to make sure they've improved their squad compared to last year.

Hockey season. I know how exciting. I think our Aussie girls can reclaim the world number 1 ranking and I have high hopes for our mens team.......oh wait you mean pretend hockey...on ice (hey doesn't Disney put all its good shows on ice as a gimmick for the kids)....sorry ;)

Don't follow it as much as i used to, but I still try to catch all the St. Louis Blues I can.
Wait, St. Louis has a hockey--Oh, right! I forgot, what with all the Cardinals fandom and all.

I heard rumors that St. Louis has a football team, too, but I couldn't find any corroborating evidence to support those claims. After all, I only lived there for four years.

</sarcasm>

I don't watch any sports on television (my attention span is too short), but I wish all you hockey fans the best.

I don't watch any sports on television...

Neither do I, hence my not keeping up with it as much as I'd like. I do, however, keep up with hockey more than any other sport (seriously, the only time I've watched football in the last 4 years is during the superbowl, and I haven't even seen a game of baseball in about that long.)

Baseball, the only sport on the face of the planet where people, while they play it, become out of shape ;P Why is this being discussed in a hockey thread?

Columbus vs Pitsburgh tonight! Looks like Columbus off the starting line hopes to catch Detroit straight on with scoring potential. Which will be tough - Detroit is a deep team with a deep bench, you have to compete with all 4 of their lines, not just 1 or 2 like you do with most team. It will be interesting to see how that pans out for them.

All Flames games, including pre-season are on the radio here in Calgary on The Fan Radio network. I would think you get an affiliate station - Oh, you do but it appears they have some baseball game play by play tonight.

Last edited:
Back