Homosexuality

Jim

For fear of invoking the wrath of a moderator, I posted this here to be safe.

My questions is more in line with the SOCIAL reasons for opposing homosexual marriages and such like, not the religious side, since I am already aware of the religious reasons for opposing it.

A few mentioned outside this forum, such as opposition to homosexual adoption, is that it is harmful to the child (emotionally, I presume) to grow up without a male/female role model.

This is a point I am very concerned with.

Very much I would like to know what reasons you believe homosexuals should be limited in these areas.

I understand this can be a sensitive topic, so I really ask you to keep your posts civil and to-the-point.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]A growing body of scientific literature demonstrates that children who grow up with 1 or 2 gay and/or lesbian parents fare as well in emotional, cognitive, social, and sexual functioning as do children whose parents are heterosexual. Children’s optimal development seems to be influenced more by the nature of the relationships and interactions within the family unit than by the particular structural form it takes.

Taken from HERE.

For those who do not understand the issue, this is an excellent unbiased source.  I recommend the read.

Mr. Bill, with all due respect, unbiased? Would a Christian doctor say the same thing? I wonder if we can be unbiased in any of our opinions.

I have neighbors that consist of a black female couple and two teenage boys. The boys seem to feel ashamed. If for no other reason, it would be most difficult on the children. This family has taken to love and acceptance like a sponge. Yet, seeing that righteousness exalteth a nation, political acceptance would be wrong.

There's nothing wrong with Homosexuals from a social point of view. I don't think the kids feel any different.

Maybe the boys feel ashamed because there are so many parents teaching their kids that being gay is wrong or a sin. Imagine if we looked at them as a regular couple.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marcylene @ Oct. 26 2004,8:26)]Mr. Bill, with all due respect, unbiased?  Would a Christian doctor say the same thing?  I wonder if we can be unbiased in any of our opinions.  

I have neighbors that consist of a black female couple and two teenage boys.  The boys seem to feel ashamed.  If for no other reason, it would be most difficult on the children.  This family has taken to love and acceptance like a sponge.  Yet, seeing that righteousness exalteth a nation, political acceptance would be wrong.
The report addresses both sides of the issue and draws a conclusion based on the information available. I fail to see how it is biased.

Do you believe that social unacceptance of homosexuality and it's consequent affect on the children of homosexuals should affect whether they should be allowed to raise children? The facts indicate that homosexuality in itself does not harbor any significant negative affect on the well being of children.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Although gay and lesbian parents may not, despite their best efforts, be able to protect their children fully from the effects of stigmatization and discrimination, parents’ sexual orientation is not a variable that, in itself, predicts their ability to provide a home environment that supports children’s development.

Children being brought up by homosexual couples will lack the understanding the opposite sex brings to a relationship.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I have neighbors that consist of a black female couple and two teenage boys. The boys seem to feel ashamed.

Have you talked to the 'black female couple' or/and the two teenage boys, Marcylene?
Have you, face-to-face asked the 2 teenage boys if they feel ashamed about having female couples(as mothers)?

I think people that know homosexuality is wrong only cause of religion. Unless that means your afraid God himself will bring 'homosexuals' to heaven...to ruin what you've learned...

My family has befriended this family, so yes, I/we spend time with them.  I will not discuss them any further than I already have; disclosing as much as I have was probably not fair to them.  What I said is my observation concerning this family.  I hope and pray to see them all in Heaven and I resent that remark.

quick thing and this is an opinion based on facts: doesnt it seem odd to you that the gay social agenda has an entire plan layed out to bring it all into society and to be reconized?? their main thing is to be viewed as victims making others the bad guys instead of them. just a thought

Heh, something like, Blacks and Whites/ Christians and Jews, hmm...now gays and norms...wouldnt be surprised if another 'racist' thing would happen later in the years...

What is up with that anyways? Did America start the racism?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]disclosing as much as I have was probably not fair to them.

I hear you, my dad is a homosexual, ha.

Homosexuality is gross and ungodly... and I belive it to be a sickness like any other mental affliction. Maybe they should get help?

I dont see much a difference in that insanity then someone who cant help but kill people... its just..
BEfore, when it was a terrible thing to be gay, alot of people concealed it and fought to be heterosexual, and alot probobly overcame their homosexuality. Now if the entire wold says ""Ok, be gay, be gay on tv, be gay in our schools enforcing that on our children ect ect. ".... Its just wrong .......

Goodness everyone again you're not really staying on the topic. From a religious stand point yes I feel it is a sin. From a social one, I know a few couples and they are often more kind to everyone regardless of who they are or what they believe. Personally my stance on this and I even told my pastor this the other day........ Hate the sin and love the sinner. You know the Bible verses. I do not have a minute to look them up but you know Jesus asked the people about whoever didn't have any sin to throw the first stone. Guess what they all left. Blessings,"Angel"

Of course Litsafalda, I agree. I dont hate the sinners no no, I love them as I liove anyone else. I hate what they do not them!

I am against the sin, not the people. The sin sickens me, not them.... I wont throw a stone, but if they die in that lifestyle im sure God will.

/Edit/ Sorry guys if I seem a bit harsh in my posts, there are two things you should understand about me.

1) I am never sarcastic.
2) I get straight to the point.

and feel free to instant message me if you have any arguments. I am always availible on AIM, MSN and Yahoo

Socially YES, because if it is an inhertiated trait ( i dont believe) then darwins system of Survial of the fittest would of prevailed and we would have no gays, where as we have more gays now than any time before really.

At the same time, why should i really care, they cant have kids, the major problem is that they are trying to get all this legistration because they "feel" they have been victimised, what about all the various "cults" on the west coast, or Indians, or oppressed children. If gays really wanted to make a difference they would put others before themselves and show that they care about other things than just their own agenda IMO.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr.Bill @ Oct. 26 2004,10:33)]Care to substantiate that?
Use logic and reason. If you are not exposed to something, you don't learn it. If you are not exposed to math, you don't learn it. If you are not exposed to writing, you don't learn it. If you are not exposed to how people of the opposite sex are suppused to interact, you don't learn it.

Unlike math or writing which can be taught over a short period of time, relationships take a lifetime to learn. If you are not exposed to it on a constant basis, not just when around grandma and grandpa once a week, once a month or once a year, you will not grasp it. In a hetrosexual marriage, children learn to interact by watching their parents. They learn how to interect with people of the same gender when they interact with the parent of the same gender and they reinforce what they learn from their parents when they interect with the parent of the opposite gender.

Each gender brings something unique to a relationship that just doesn't exist in same sex relationships.

This is common sense...of which I don't need a study to teach me.

Hmm.

While I disagree with Byblos on his religious accounts, I still would like your opinion on social implications.

However, I dislike the people who use it as a weapon against society, especially 'gay pride' parades. People who just want to be treated normal, but are met with hostility and objections because they are viewed as 'gross and ungodly', these are the ones I sympathise with (I am friends with one).

He never chose to be gay. I only need to ask him that, and I know it. He CANNOT be treated, CANNOT feel any different. To ask him to behave differently would be like asking a heterosexual to act homosexual. It isn't right and they should be left alone.

I apologise for the rant but I've had a terrible day.

Why do they have parades? WHy do they have 'pride'? If they consider homosexuality to be normal then why do they make such a big deal out of it? I dont see any Hetero parades!

I never implied peopel choose to be gay... do you think people choose to have dyslexia? Its like asking a not dsylexic to be dyslexic... Homosexuality is wrong Religously, Socially and scientifically.

God says no to it...
The children are missing out on one or the other parential influence.
and Scientifically its wrong because there is no benifit or reproducttion its just pure sex and lust....

Dont even bother bringing Love into the argument, you can love people without having sex with them...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Why do they have parades? WHy do they have 'pride'? If they consider homosexuality to be normal then why do they make such a big deal out of it? I dont see any Hetero parades!

Not everyone is like that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I never implied peopel choose to be gay... do you think people choose to have dyslexia? Its like asking a not dsylexic to be dyslexic... Homosexuality is wrong Religously, Socially and scientifically.

If God made them that way, why?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]God says no to it...
The children are missing out on one or the other parential influence.
and Scientifically its wrong because there is no benifit or reproducttion its just pure sex and lust....

Pure sex and lust happens among heterosexuals too.

Missing out on one or more parental influences? It is better to have two caring parents than to experience a break-up, is it not?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Dont even bother bringing Love into the argument, you can love people without having sex with them...

But you can bring it into heterosexual relations? Why is love between a man and a woman considered the epitome of love then? Seems like double standards here.

Back