How do runes work?

Runes can be put on any armor. You won't find any pre-sear, but there are rune traders post-sear. Anyone can use them, but you can only use the ones of your primary profession. There are 3 "grades" of runes: minor, major, superior. Minor adds 1 point to the attribute, major adds 2 points (but you lose some health, think 50?), superior adds 3 points (also lose health, think 75?).

Runes can be salvaged out of colored armor. For example, you kill a monster and it drops a blue, purple, or gold labeled armor such as Ash Fiend Armor or something. Use your Expert Salvage kit on it and it'll give you a rune. If you use your Identification kit on it first, it'll tell you what rune is in it. Or you can just buy them from the rune trader. To use a rune on your character, double click the rune and then click on a piece of your armor and walla, your armor has an added bonus such as +30 health, +1 to Marksmanship, or whatever the rune says it does. You can only use one rune on one piece of armor. If you put a rune on a piece that already has a rune, it'll replace it. Also, you can only use one type of rune on any of your armor. For example, if you use a Fire Magic rune on two different pieces of armor, one of them will have no effect. You can only use runes for what class of character you are. Monks can only use monk runes etc. Vigor runes can be used on any character. You can't use a rune that is for your secondary class either. Hope I helped you more than confused you. :)

and also if u put a superior rune on a piece of armor, say a superior healing prayers and then put another superior healing prayers on another piece of armor as was said b4 the second one will not give u any more in your healing prayers, but it will take away another 75 hp

that sucks... anywho...

anybody who wants runes, contact me.. cuz I have a whole bunch of necro and mesmer runes, along with some monk and warrior. and i think a ranger...

hey by any chance do u have

(1) rune of minor protection prayers
(1) rune of minor healing prayers
(1) rune of minor divine favor

I would b willing to give any of these runes for 1 of them

(3) rune of minor vigor
(3) rune of minor energy storage
(1) rune of minor fire magic
(1) rune of minor water magic
(1) rune of minor marksmanship
(1) rune of minor wilderness survival
(1) rune of minor hammer mastery