How do you Americans deal with the Gangs out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpfox

In the United States of America(U.S.A.) has all the worse people unimaginable; Gangs.

How do you people deal with that? Their beside your neighborhood, hanging around your malls, schools. I can't feel safe if I lived there.
How do you protect yourself, or your loved ones from the crime and order to your country?

Movies related to Gangs are very inspiring to me, such as, 187 and Treed Murray.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1800290421

http://www.telefilm.gc.ca/data/production/prod_233.asp?lang=en&c=1

If it was a true story, I would have agreed to their actions if I was in their position.

Being here, Christian Gamers Alliance Forums looks more of a refuge. Sure, it get alot of Christians to come together as a community, but do you really think your religion, your god, can protect you? Can help you?

Corp... gangs are not a major problem in my neighborhood, and I'd say that's probably true for the majority of folks who post here. In my neck of the woods (west-central Florida), the biggest problem is drug trafficking, and they tend to not need to keep a turf as their own, since once they use a meeting point they would tend to not use it again.

I'm also not saying that it's not a big problem because we're Christians... I'm saying it's not a big problem unless you live in certain areas of certain towns... and 187 is hardly a good indicator of what life is like in the majority of the US.

Corpfox said:
Being here, Christian Gamers Alliance Forums looks more of a refuge. Sure, it get alot of Christians to come together as a community, but do you really think your religion, your god, can protect you? Can help you?

Corpfox, I have 3 children all teens. You be amazed what prayer all can do. I know that God will takle care of my family and me. I live in a smaller city. The most problem we are having is in the highschool. I will not worry for God does take care of things. So Yes God does take care of us.
We can't be afraid of everything. I believe when it is time for me to go home to the Lord then it is time.

I believe God will and does help us, i have seen his Glory and mercy, I have a personal relationship the Lord Jesus Christ. There is nothing that I feel God will not help me with. My Lord is most faithful.

I pray you oneday know this. I pray one day you have the confidence of the Lord in your heart.

Corp we have gangs in van city too, would u go for a walk in burnaby central park. I personaly don't want to have a knife stuck in my face by a 12 year old. We have triads, and hells angels, and east indian gangs. U don't see it on all the time but it doesn't mean its not there. Maybe because I live in surrey I've seen more off it. But we have just as many street gangs as america. But because america media is so poplar around the world we see more stuff on tv about american gangs than our local ones.
But also are all gangs bad. USA is a gang, if u're good they let u travel through their area, if u're not they tax u (put sanctions).
Toj is a gang.

Hopefully I didn't go to far off topic.

How would you, take action, towards them if they violated or threaten you?

My reason: I hate punks, people in bad gangs, or people that do stupid things for stupid reasons that seem to get away from the LAW.

If I ever catch someone/anyone that violates my family, my home, I swear, I will kill them.

So, what would you do if someone/some people violated your family, your home?

I'm not sure what I would do corp, I remember a few years ago I heard some noise in our garage and saw this kid probobly 12- 13 years old trying to break the lock on my sisters bike. I remember grabing a broom and chasing the kid but stoped after a while because it was raining outside and I had no shoes on. I was pretty angry at the time because like u said someone violated u're space, but I would hope if I actually caught up to the kid I wouldn't hurt him.
But I know what u mean, right now we have a crak house opened nextdoor, the landlord wanted to make some easy money since the place needed some fixing and thought he's rent each room for a low price. So 11 rooms, means 11 people plus another 20 sonce they all invite their friends to stay with them. And we can't really leave anything outside without watching, we've had our hanging baskets, potting soil, and even boxes of used clothes and stuff we were donating to big brother stolen and landed next door at their house. And sometimes I feel like I grabbing a bat going over there and just ond just chasing them out, since we complained to the police a year ago and their responce was maybe we should move.
Also what ticks me off is for a couple years everyone living around us has complained to the cops and nothing has happened, now a few of the local businesses decided to complain because they get alot of shoplifting, and the mayor has assigned a special crime unit to finding a way to shut down the house. And this happens when we're abput to put our house for sale because my mom is tired with all the screaming and stealing and fights next door.

Sry corp I think I went on a little rant, but the trouble with kids and gangs is the young offenders act. Older drug dealers recruit kids to carry their drugs for them because if the kid gets picked up he'll be out the next day with a slap on the wrist. And kids know this so they feel like their protected. Look at those 2 or 3 kids that robbed a women at knife point in burnaby last month, they spent a few hours at the police station, they were between the ages of 9- 11 I think so their parents came picked them up and took them back home. What kind of lesson do u think we just thought those kids and others who saw the story.

Look at those 2 or 3 kids that robbed a women at knife point in burnaby last month, they spent a few hours at the police station, they were between the ages of 9- 11 I think so their parents came picked them up and took them back home. What kind of lesson do u think we just thought those kids and others who saw the story.

It was 5 kids in their 11 - 12 years of age, that attacked 3 women, 1 lady per event. 3 event, those kids, 3 women. One of the kids had a knife. For the lesson their suppose to learn, how does their parents let a 12 year old son to own a knife? how does parents become responsible to stuff their own kid did bad?

Like way back, some kid broke my bedroom window, made a dent on my monitor, about an inch away from the glass itself. If i was still was there 2 mins when it happen, it could of been my head than my monitor! :mad:
Then that would be my reason to kill them, cause their nearly killed me!

My mom called for me that need assistance, I went to to help her, then I heard a smash, I heard footsteps running, I go to my bedroom, pieces of glass all over my freaking room! The police couldnt get them cause they didnt have an good evidence. $200 to repair the window, would the kid's parents that broke my bedroom window, paid for the damages? They should, oh well...

Just recently, some idiot tried to steal my mom's car. I call the stealer an idiot cause the window he smashed clearly said, This vehicle has a anti-theft device. Lucky, someone saw the carjacker(my saying), trying to steal my mom's car. I'm sure they caught that guy, but same thing above, why hasnt he or his parents come to pay the damages to my mom's car, aye?

I am not surprised something bad will happen again soon.

So my anger goes to the kid that smashed my bedroom window(maybe his pals too), and the guy that pathetically tried to steal my mom's car which had an anti-theft device.

But there was 2 mistakes from those 2 problems:

I didnt know that closing the blinds a certain way actually can get someone outside to see inside.

And that my mom parked between a big truck, blocking view to the public.

Lesson learned.

As the administrator of the local county jail in a small southeastern town, I can tell you that the gang problem is a growing problem and I truly believe that the media is the prime cause. If you've watched any popular music videos lately, then chances are you've seen gang signs. Some hidden, some not. (Snoop Dogg is an admitted gang member and brags about it in the lyrics of his songs). I had the opportunity, the other day, to meet a 17 year old with gang tattoos on his arms that was scared to death to be in jail. I tried to reach him, to talk to him. One of my staff spoke with his mother and she stated that she didn't care that he was in jail. He was probably looking for acceptance and love and he could only find it in a gang. I hope and pray that maybe, just maybe, God used me to touch that young man and I pray that I never miss another opportunity to share Jesus with a young person because it just might be the only Bible they ever get.

Wow blame the media, not the parents. Snoop talks about being a crip but if u also listen to the whole album, he says he's given up drinking and weed, he's had enough with the violence, he rather spend that time and energy with his kids.
Also I think Tupac said it best when he said he's not glorifying "Thug life" and violence, he's just showing u what he sees in his comunity. U don't blame a reporter for contributing to terrorism, their just reporting what they see. Thats what rap music is, its the CNN to the streets in a way.

When u really read some rappers lyrics is it really glorifying violence and being a gangster.

"Can you picture my prophecy?
stress in tha city
tha cops is hot for me
tha projects is full of bullets
tha bodies is droppin'
there ain't no stoppin me
constantly moven while maken millions
witnessin' killins
leavin dead bodies in abandoned buildings
caries tha children
cause they're illin'
addicted to killin'
a near appeal from tha cap pealin'
what i'm feelin'
but will they last or be blasted
hard headed [EDIT]
maybe he'll listen in his casket
tha aftermath
more bodies being buried
i'm losen my homies in a hurry
they're relocating to tha cemetary
got me worried
stressin'
my visions bluried
tha question is will I live
no one in tha world loves me
i'm headed for danger
don't trust strangers
put one in tha chamber
whatever i'm feelin' is anger
don't wanna make excuses
cause this is how it is
what's tha use
unless we're shootin'
no one notices tha youth
It's Just Me against tha World baby"

Tupac, me against the world

And would it be right to say that most youths in gangs have no farther figure around so they look for the next person on their block who they think is a real man, like the hustler or pimp who they see driving around in the nice cars and have the nice jewellery.

That might be the words, but all you see are the gang signs, colors, and half naked women. And by the way, most of the lyrics are explicit. Yes the parents are most of the problem. Kids are having kids and it's one big viscious cycle. Yes I do blame the media as well. All you ever see on TV is sex, alcohol, violence. You see stuff on regular tv today that used to be rated R in the movies. The enemy uses his weapons well. We need lots of prayer and spiritual training to truly fight in the Lord's army.

Oh know the Enemy!!!!
Thats a easier person to blame it on.
Gang signs like bloods and crips, red and blue. What kind of message would be sent if a Blood and a Crip go on tour together, like Snoop dog, and The Game.
Does sex alcohol and violence really affect u, I've watched war movies since I was really young, but after watching Saving Private Ryan I could never go to war.
I've listened to hip hop since grade 4, but never joined a gang even though there were alot of opportunities for me
to.
U can't look at what was rated R 10 years ago and compare it to today. Remember Elvis was telivised from the waist up on ed sullivans because shaking his hips was considered to explicit.
Are explicit lyrics really bad, not if there is a parental figure there to explain right from wrong. Musicians arn't role models, or parents, their artists. Its not their responsiblity.

again read through some of the lyrics of my favorite rappers and one that I grew up listining too. If u don't focus on the curse words and actually understand the lyrics u can't really say their promoting violence.

album1 papa's song

I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers with this. Apparently you've got issues of your own and if you can't see what is wrong with entertainment in Today's society, then I'm sorry for you. Musicians and athletes are role models whether they want to be or not. It's part of the game. If they don't like it then they should change their line of work. Just read the Bible and see what it says about sex, violence, bad language, and drugs. It does affect me and you and everyone else. I'm not trying to argue this point with you but I will be praying for you. There is an ENEMY. Like it or not. I will not post in this thread again as it is turning into a two sided debate and that was not the original intent, I'm sure.

I know I said I wouldn't post here again but I felt that something needed clarifying. I did not mean that all hip hop is evil or gang related. I like listening to hip hop myself. But there are those that glorify the things we've been talking about. Gangs are worse now then they have ever been in history and I'm sure someone on tv who IS a role model just by being on tv, saying "I've got my Crip colors flying" and "drop it like it's hot" might have something to do with it. Anyway, in Christ's love, Rranyl

Well I don't think by rapping about shootings and drug dealing is glorifying it. To me its like the news its telling me whats going on but also making me glad I'm not part of it. Because if selling drugs and shooting people and stuff was so cool they wouldn't be trying so hard to get away from it and start rapping. But I can see ypur point that some kid who doesn't have that parental figure in their life can look at it as being cool.
But I still don't think just because their on tv it means their role models. Their artists first. I wouldn't listen to a artist who tries to censor them self to fit in a certain box that the public thinks is right.
HAve u listened to the full snoop dog album or just one single, because I own the album, and its not all glorifyong gang life. He talks about being a crip because he is a crip, do u want him to pretend to be the guy next door.

The other thing to remember is that until so-called "Thug culture" a lot of middle-class and middle-aged taxpayers had no idea what was going on in the inner cities.

The big war against thug culture has only happened since middle-class white kids started getting into it, since it hit MTv and since it started appearing in movies - but it was ALWAYS there.

Well middle class white america didn't care about cursing in rap untill their kids started listening to it. I might be wrong but the parent advisory sticker came in to play when the Beastie Boys album came out and it had cursing.
Same thing with Colombine, there have been shootings in lower class schools for years, but no one cared, what happens in the ghetto stays in the ghetto. But then when it happened in their own neighbourhood it was like oh no what should we do. The media protrayed it like it was a new thing.

But also remember he never used "Thug" as the guy who wants to rob or rape u. His definition of "Thug" was the underdog, the guy who had to work twice as hard to get where he is. So when he screams "Thug life", Thug power" the message he's trying to send to kids is if u want to accomplish your goals u have to work hard for it.

No A thug is not a hard worker or underdog! A thug is a street player, gonna get his no matter what it takes. A thug is no more a true under dog that a pimp is a respected business man.

They are criminals, strait up. I know, I ran with them. I was heavy in the hip hop gansta rap culture listening NWA, Ice Cube, Ice T, Big Daddy Kane. I never liked Tu Pac. In the mid 80s til the mid 90s (Bronx) Chi Town, LA, Milwaukee, Most big cities were true havens of drugs, gang wars, sex and violence. Money and power was the message and you did what you could to get your slice of the pie.

And maybe it took Middle America to point this out and go, and say enough.. As a man thinks so is he. Most hard core rap glorifies Alcohol, Drugs, Sex, and violence. It is rampant in a lot of cultures. Few rappers are giving a whole hearted good work ethic image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back